Upload Complete Error

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Hi i am some errors with after my upload is complete after i upload a file 2GB it comes up with no link and no error message all settings on my host are fine and then when i try and upload a 5GB file it comes up with this error. Error: TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'text': object is null or undefined and that's from my host checked i have got the message they sent me after they have tested it

I have checked your setting and they seems fine to me. I tried to upload a 5gb file, after upload completed (the title of page changed to 100% upload completed) it gaves me no links. and gives this error:
5gb.test ()

Error: TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'text': object is null or undefined

Please ask this from your script writer about how to resolve this error

So this is nothing to do with my host its something to do with the script even my host said that and he has checked all the settings

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
After upgrading to V3 I had major issues. I ended up getting rid of litespeed because nothing would work.
I had to destroy the server and install V3 fresh instead of as an upgrade, increased my tmp folder to 5gig
and it all works great again.

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply the only problem of doing that ill lose all my users accounts and files is there anyway i can back them so i don't lose them and my tmp is set to 49gb

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
Backup your db and your files folder, if it is large it will take a while though.

This was a last resort for me, after days of back and forth with my host I needed to take drastic measures because
uploads were failing sporadically and often.

Try finding other fixes before you go this route though, I saw admin around so maybe he can post a fix for you before you try this.

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
forgot to mention, I just dl'd my files folder with filezilla and reupped it later.

you can backup your db through cpanel.

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
I have just been told by admin its the php 2gb limitation is this right or i do this and it be OK i don't know. I have been told 2 different things now

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
He's right, it is a limitation built into php.

Just a thought, my max filesize is set to 1gig. Which IMO should be more than enough, if someone wants to go higher than that they can easily split the file with one of the many compression tools or hj split.

It could actually be of benefit to you if you tell users about the limitation, how to split the files and offer a link to a tool they can use. You could find one that you can become an affiliate of and maybe pick up additional revenue from it.

Just put it in one of your ad slots or create one under the uploader.

Sorry zipit, but that's just the way php is built unfortunately.

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Thats OK hopefully they come out with a larger restriction because files are getting bigger now a days anyway thanks for your help and that would be a good idea ill write to some of them

dmpprod1909

YetiShare User
Nov 5, 2012
Hello, I have a problem to send a file.
When I send the file, it stops at 3 minutes and not finish.
Could you help me?
(my website: shineupload.com )
thank you

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
Zipit, as long as the site is based on php there will never be the ability to upload files larger than 2gig unless php is rebuilt to allow larger sizes.

That part is a server issue, not a script issue.

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
dmpprod.

Ask your host what all of your upload size and tmp folder settings are server side and ask them to increase them if needed.

I tried uploading a 169mb file and it failed with "error true" I used to get the error on my site but cant remember exactly how I corrected it, but I do know it was server side.

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah i know that and all my server upload limits are set to 5GB and my tmp is 49GB so i shouldnt be getting any problems i have uploaded a 1gb file just to test and no error

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Right i know php has the 2GB limit but when i set it to that limit of 2GB no links show up it just a blank is it because it under 2GB is OK but 2GB cant. Also why is this script claiming that you can upload any size file LINK_REMOVED have they wrote in different code if so is there a way that here can do this because that script is 2 plain from this sorry if i am sounding dumb but i haven't got much training in this.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
You can upload more than 2GB, you just have to get PHP rebuilt on a 64bit system to allow for it. There's info on how to do it on this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4614147/uploading-a-file-larger-than-2gb-using-php

We are also looking at sending the upload in chunks to see if this helps, although it may have limited browser support, re. html5.

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
OK my host has done all that but still it comes up with a blank where the link supposed to be
Its nothing to do with the host because they said they done everything you said to do