Short url script

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
ahsenm809 - can you send me an example and I'll have a look?

Thanks,
Adam.

armyn78945

Wurlie User
Dec 4, 2010
<del>RJT - I think script includes a new feature called 'earnings' which allows you to pay members for creating short URL's. Whilst you only your members a little amount (eg $1 or $2 per 1,000 views). In return, you get lots of traffic and lots more advertising revenue. it's can make lots of $$$ using this new feature!

like adf.ly and tinyurlscript.info

it's will be a huge advantage if this script can improve like that...</del>

admin1000

Wurlie User
Feb 4, 2011
<del>RJT - I like to see an option to enable awarding a list of prizes to random unique (registered) users, providing there's enough safeguards to prevent false or bot clicks - registering only 1 entry (click) per unique per 12 or 24 hours.

I also like the idea of offering the ability to share ad revenue with users like Armyn's suggestions. Implement code in the same user accounts as a admin option to let users input their Google Adsense PubID which would then be rotated in with the shortURL's google adsense ID as the admin set percentage value 10/90%, 20/80%, 30/70%, etc. Similiar to various forums that share ad revenue with active users.

Last but not least, the "bundled" ShortURL's feature sites like Bit.ly implemented is pretty cool and gives more of an opportunity for a summary page with advertising. Letting users enter multiple URL's into one ShortURL to share, and visitors seeing a summary with the ability to share, and vote on the links, or copy the bundle and make their own version.</del>

admin1000

Wurlie User
Feb 4, 2011
After some use I noticed the "report url" doesn't appear to be integrated into the admin interface or the url service?

Could you make it so when a person clicks on a link they're visiting (if it has a advertising frame/header) or if they submit a URL from the report URL page, that it first checks it's a valid Short URL, and then flags it as a reported URL for review by an admin in the admin interface under a new menu page similar to the current 'manage short url's' list so we can preview and enable/disable them.

Having a few different error message might be nice too, so users know a bad link due to a Violation of ToS (Spam/Phishing) vs one that's simply Expired from a user setting a date or use limit.

herdy1044

Wurlie User
Mar 26, 2011
<del>v2.2 - I had make some changes and have added some features.... If you are interestet i can send you my files (to admin - not users ;) )....

The features:

http://uc4.me/h -> normal direct link
http://uc4.me/h~s -> link stats
http://uc4.me/h~q -> QR-Code for the link
http://uc4.me/h~p -> info site (preview) where the link goes (because of security reasons - some users don´t use links without this)</del>

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Great ideas herdy, we'll definately review them on the next release. Another one to add to the RFCs...

<del>v2.0 - Show the original url in the admin area table listing.</del>

lrgorby1150

Wurlie User
Wurlie Supporter
Aug 23, 2011
Would like to see the Short URL go a little deeper such as:

www.mysite.com/redirect/redirect/

Sometimes, site owners may wish to direct to a page and maintain a user friendly link by adding a download link as well.

www.mysite.com/1st/2nd/

I hope I have not confused anyone.

horizont1221

Nov 15, 2011
1) Really need a plugin for chrome or/and firefox
2) opportunity to change the key to the statistics - instead of "~s" changed to "+", example: site.com/dwd+

mike1294

Wurlie User
Jan 24, 2012
Hi
First time here. <del>v2.2 - Perhaps a Google+ button would be helpful'

Has there been any advances to suggestions made by herdy1044 above?</del>

Thanks
Mike

mike1294

Wurlie User
Jan 24, 2012
Another couple of requests.

1. When a new user registers an email gets sent to the admins.

<del>v2.2 - 2. Captcha (ReCaptcha) code integration on registration page to stop the spambots who register.</del>

Regards
Mike

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
@mmportugal - :) Good news, it'll be in the next release. Estimated 2nd week March.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
@mmportugal - Even better news, it was closer than I had thought, it's out now! If you re-download the script using your login details, you'll get the latest release.

Please remember to backup both your code and db before making any changes.

Regards,
Adam.

neil_farley1393

Wurlie User
Mar 24, 2012
Hi, Just a few suggestions which may or may not involve heaps of coding.

1) Is is possible to code for Facebook and / or Twitter Connect Integration (OAuth2.0 via relevant user generated apps).

[This will require the URL Shortener to run on SSL Certified host though]

2) Captcha is ok but not insurmountable.

It is a good idea to protect submitted Long URL's to Checking sites like Virustotal or self hosted / remote API(Beta) like Google Safe Browsing Database.

-- I am looking at adding the VirusTotal code in part (2) at present including Admin enable and Virustotal Private api key. However this makes custom code which is more to update if there are any major changes in the script.

jay1421

Oct 1, 2012
Hello,

:) Features Request - (User Account Management)
<del>1. Allow user to change user data (name, password, email, delete account,)</del>
<del>2. My Account Link to these options.</del>
<del>3. Forgot password option and link on login forms. Right now if user deletes email they have no way of retrieving their account info.</del>

ramjdr1495

Wurlie User
May 18, 2012
Is in the first post but I think we really need the following:

- Bulk submission of urls

Thanks for the better and very good priced professional short url script :).

alpatrose1507

Wurlie User
May 25, 2012
Is it possible to add function to mass shorten links?
and also chose between Full Ads page or, top/bottom ads for a link?

- Thanks.