Question

Lansence

Dec 10, 2020
Hello, I want to ask what should be the speed of the vps internet connection when I use the backblaze b2 cloud, the connection goes through a website or it is downloaded directly from the backblaze b2? 1GBps or 10GBps?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

It's through the website, there's no support for direct. If you use our Wasabi plugin that's now direct download.

Thanks,
Adam.

Lansence

Dec 10, 2020
wasabi is not suitable for using this service, here is an email from wasabi:
Hi Dominik,
thank you for your interest in wasabi,
I followed your conversations with George, if I understood correctly, your use will be associated with several downloads, this is what we call Egress for cloud storage.
Wasabi does not charge for egress, however our application is as follows, it is not allowed at wasabi to exceed per month the total capacity of the data you are storing. example: when you store 1TB, it is only allowed to make the download of 1TB/month.
we are not suitable for those who want to do streaming, unless you use other applications with wasabi.
Best,
Samia

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
That looks like it applies only to the egress policy, same bandwidth as storage. I don't think that's the only option they offer, in fact I'd be surprised if they only allowed a 1tb file to be downloaded once in a month. Seems rather restrictive.

Weve done a lot of testing recently with a single 40mb file and not hit such limits. We're charged for the bandwidth.

I think it would be worth clarifying the options with them.