Plugin: Media Converter & MP4 Options

Derek1244

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 17, 2020
Been using this for some time and it works great, though I have a couple suggestions for efficiency. I think there should be separate set of settings for files if the uploaded source file is MP4 and the Media Plugins >> Conversion Options >> Converted Output = MP4

Currently, there is no way to simply "Capture a Screen Shot" from an uploaded MP4 without converting it to MP4 again. Also, there is no logic to check an uploaded MP4 file has the "FastStart" flag to enable streaming & seeking. Ideally there would be some logic to check if 1. Do you want to re-encoded MP4s to MP4. If Yes nothing changes, If No, check if FastStart is enabled, If No then have an option to add it to the original file to allowing streaming / seeking.

Hope this makes sense, thanks!

intravita

Jul 7, 2021
Been using this for some time and it works great, though I have a couple suggestions for efficiency. I think there should be separate set of settings for files if the uploaded source file is MP4 and the Media Plugins >> Conversion Options >> Converted Output = MP4

Currently, there is no way to simply "Capture a Screen Shot" from an uploaded MP4 without converting it to MP4 again. Also, there is no logic to check an uploaded MP4 file has the "FastStart" flag to enable streaming & seeking. Ideally there would be some logic to check if 1. Do you want to re-encoded MP4s to MP4. If Yes nothing changes, If No, check if FastStart is enabled, If No then have an option to add it to the original file to allowing streaming / seeking.

I know I'm late to the party but I've modified the plugin to not only get a screenshot without converting but also move the moov atom in the file and push it back to s3 so it can stream properly.

MeredithLambert

Jul 27, 2021

I guess that for an expert user it would be better to just use Tdarr but for a "normal" user a plugin might be more convinient.

Derek1244

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 17, 2020
I know I'm late to the party but I've modified the plugin to not only get a screenshot without converting but also move the moov atom in the file and push it back to s3 so it can stream properly.
Likewise, posting. This is for version 5.3 but should work for other versions with some tweaking.

Code:
sudo vi /var/www/html/plugins/mediaconverter/tasks/process_converter_queue.cron.php
Line 467

if ($file['extension'] != 'mp4' && $pluginSettingsArr['output_type'] == 'mp4') {
                // output to screen
                output("[" . SERVER_NAME_FOR_LOGS . "]: FFMPEG Command: \n" . $conversionPathCmd);
                $output = shell_exec($conversionPathCmd);

// prepare notes
                output("[" . SERVER_NAME_FOR_LOGS . "]: Result NON MP4 CONVERTED: \n" . $output);
                output("\n");
        } else {
                $convertedFilename = $localFile;
                output("[" . SERVER_NAME_FOR_LOGS . "]: Results: Source is MP4, not converting...\n");
        }