What happens to the files client stored, if his account gets downgraded?

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Hi all,

Just curious how file hosting script handles the user storage if user account gets downgraded from premium to free user.

Eg: free user - 50GB storage
Premium user: 100GB storage

client signed up as premium and uploaded 90GB files in his account and his premium expires.. what will happen to his files ??
Do they get deleted (anything over 50GB) or will it get moved to trash can and we can help client restore or ????

Thanks

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
I believe they expire based on free user settings after a certain amount of time (depending on your settings) has passed since last download

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
The one million Dollar question , i always wondered the same ! i will add to it this as well :

IF free user : inactive file will be deleted after 30 days
If Premium Member : Inactive fil will never be deleted * lifetime *

What happen if the premium also downgraded in this case

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i think the files will get deleted after they expire but what i was wondering was since free users have less storage space available so if a user account gets downgraded - what will happen to all the files over the free user allowed storage ?

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
iguanashare4743 said:
The one million Dollar question , i always wondered the same ! i will add to it this as well :

IF free user : inactive file will be deleted after 30 days
If Premium Member : Inactive fil will never be deleted * lifetime *

What happen if the premium also downgraded in this case
The script will see he as a free user and delete any inactive file.

sukhman21 said:
i think the files will get deleted after they expire but what i was wondering was since free users have less storage space available so if a user account gets downgraded - what will happen to all the files over the free user allowed storage ?
The script will not delete files just because the user used more space than he should. The files will be deleted after X days without downloads.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
okay cool and that is what i want.. don't want people to loose all their files.. Assuming they wont be able to upload more once they are changed to free user right ?

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
sukhman21 said:
okay cool and that is what i want.. don't want people to loose all their files.. Assuming they wont be able to upload more once they are changed to free user right ?
There are some minor bugs on 4.2 that allow users to upload more than their quota. I don't know if they are fixed on 4.3.

Note that if a premium user have inactive files, those files will be removed in the next cron job after the downgrade to free account.