v4.2 some changes needed

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Hey guys, just a couple things regarding v4.2

1. Regarding File Search: I know we can turn it off but I think we should give an option to every user if they want their files to be searched by visitors. Usually not everybody wants their files to be seen by other visitors. So that option would be great.. Search feature is pretty good but we want all users to have options if they want to share their files or not..

2. If we upgrade the script, can we still keep using our theme from older version of our script until we get our theme upgraded for all the features of 4.2 version ?? I tried it on a test environment and the theme i have for v4.1 seems to work fine for v4.2 but i want to ask you guys if there could be any issues ?? I understand the link status, search and new features wont be available on my old theme but just so we have admin panel upgraded for now ?

3. A few of the times, when i am testing the script, it seems to auto login to the admin account, even though i have logged out of the admin panel and don't have admin panel open anymore, Can you guys see if this is an issue with the script or its just cookies maybe on my computer please? Doesn't seem like cookies issue since i have logged out of the admin panel multiple times.

Anyone else having these issues or is it just me ?

Thanks guys,

simon

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jan 11, 2014
Hi,

1) Only files that are not set as private will be shown so this option is already in the script.
2) There have been various updates to css files that will need to be migrated to your custom theme.
3) Please create a ticket for this issue and we will look into it.

Kind regards,

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for your reply Simon,

1. I know we have public / private options setup. So private - only the uploader can download it.
public - only one who has link to it can download (we may want to share our copy of passport with someone else, we don't want anyone to do a search on the website and find it, do we ??)
maybe have another option - so anyone can search and download

rfhmendes

YetiShare User
Jul 14, 2015
Regarding 1. I have created this:

http://forum.mfscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2246

simon

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jan 11, 2014
You're welcome Sukhman.

Sounds like a good idea to expand the search functionality. I was about to ask you to add it to the RFC but rfhmendes has done it already :)