Slot speed in remote upload using external mysql server

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Using an external mysql server the remote uploads become very slow. Using an 1gbps port and a external mysql server with 9ms of latency I got 800KB/seg. Using curl in the command line I got 70MB/seg.

This problem is caused by the method remoteUrlCurlProgressCallback in the uploader.class.php. This function is called several times per second making 1 update query every time.

Setting CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE to reduce the number of times that remoteUrlCurlProgressCallback is called doesn't work for 2 reasons: The first is that curl documentation states that setting CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE is treated as a request, not an order. The second is that CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE must not be > than CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE. The default value for CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE is 16k and it's static.

The solution is disabling the callback or track time inside the callback function, performing the query only 1 every X seconds.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i guess the script needs further tuning done by admins in the next release. I am glad you posted this because i was thinking of setting up a separate database server but now i will wait until its more tuned...