Share album link not working

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
Hi Adam,
For some reason if you try and share a non-public folder, it provides you with a link to use. Yet it then changes to another folder - totally different.
This has occurred both for me and another user.
How can this be fixed?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Adam,
For some reason if you try and share a non-public folder, it provides you with a link to use. Yet it then changes to another folder - totally different.
This has occurred both for me and another user.
How can this be fixed?
Hi,

It's not a known issue in Yetishare. Can you provide an example please?

In addition, please can you link your forum account to your license? You can do this via your account on mfscripts.com.

Thanks,
Adam.

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
Hi Adam,
Have linked my forum name to my license.

Here are two videos. One showing the sharing of the link in the same browser ... so works fine as the user is logged in. But, if you open that link
in another browser, it goes to a different folder for a different user .. Oya seems to be a default for everyone.

Tried uploading the two videos to show you it in action, but the files were too big. You can access them here:

1. Showing the generation of the video and how it opens in the same browser:

2. Showing what happens when you copy the link generated and opening it in another browser:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi.

I see this is for Reservo, not Yetishare, I'll move it to the correct section of the forum.

It looks like it's not actually loading a different folder, it's failing to load the one you requested, so redirecting to another in the persons account. It looks like you're logged in within the 2nd browser, can you test with a logged out user?

User, what are the permissions of the folder you're sharing? Is it public?

Thanks,
Adam.

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
sorry about the wrong section in the forum.

Ok .. tested again without being logged in on the second browser - -- so that works. Having the person who raised the issue trying it also. Don't understand though why even if logged in, it isn't staying on the shared link but rather going to someone else's photos. [Oya is a different user to Danie]

The folder is actually a Public Limited - access only if users know the share link [screendump below]

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
Hi Adam ... can I have a solution to this problem please? Its been over 2 weeks now.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Sorry for the delay. Are you able to share access to the install (script login and FTP/SFTP) via our ticketing system? I'll take a look at this directly, I can't see it in my local dev, although may already be resolved locally.

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
My turn to apologise. Just sent :)

The issue still exists unfortunately

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
It shouldn't be generating jw8 and jW8, only 1 should exist. In /core/includes/uploader.class.php there's this code:

PHP:
// create short url
$tracker = 1;
$shortUrl = file::createShortUrlPart($tracker . $dbInsert->id);
$fileTmp = file::loadByShortUrl($shortUrl);
while ($fileTmp) {
    $shortUrl = file::createShortUrlPart($tracker . $dbInsert->id);
    $fileTmp = file::loadByShortUrl($shortUrl);
    $tracker++;
}
This basically generates a shorturl and checks to make sure it's not already been created. The DB is case-insensitive, so the shorturl should be unique.

Can you check the table type for 'file' in the database, it should be 'utf8mb4_general_ci'? If you update the ticket with script admin access I can check this for you.

Jamez

Reservo User
Reservo Supporter
Nov 13, 2020
Greece
Have checked and sent you the details. For script admin access, have already sent that

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the details. I responded to your ticket #32734 (the one with the FTP details) previously, although I'm not convinced you've seen it :) I've updated your new ticket with the info. Let me know if you get this?