Registration email sent to spam box?

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
When a user registers the confirmation email is sent to their spam folder. Is there any way to fix this? If not, how can I remove email confirmation?

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
It could be any number of reason that emails are going to the spam folders, but its worth doing the following

• Add SPF and DKIM DNS records in order to certify that the e-mails are legitimate.
  • Change the default “from” e-mail address and “from name” fields.
  • Change the wording in both the email subject and content.

You could try a 3rd party mail service like mandrill to send emails, they allow up to 12,000 emails a month for free.

Email confirmation is a necessary step to prevent spammers, even better is when the user has to activate their account by clicking a link in the email they received.

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
Sorry would you be able to explain how I add SPF and DKIM DNS records?

Also, is there any way to allow the user to choose a password when signing up, rather than a random one being sent to them?

Thanks

pulseeey

YetiShare User
Dec 1, 2014
Are you using any form of control panel such as cPanel?

In cPanel, you just click the Email Authentication icon.

You can then just click Enable for DKIM & SPF.

Also, are you using PHP or SMTP to send the emails? PHP will pretty much always go to junk/spam.

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
hey thanks a lot for the reply.. I assume it's php sending the mail, it's just on the default, if you could tell me how to change it to smtp that would be greatly appreciated

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
I have enabled DKIM and SPF in cpanel email authentication and have filled in my smtp info on the admin page, and set smpt as the method for sending emails, but the email is still sent to the span folder? Also, the mail is from [email protected] even though i set the email to 'noreply@*mywebsite*.com. The only thing I haven't done is change the default email message because I don't know what file is for that

Any ideas?

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Sign up for some mail service like Zoho [Send and Receive] or Mandrill [Send] and this will deliver the mail directly to their inbox.

Regards

dfdssfsfd3806

YetiShare User
Apr 4, 2014
I do not know if in your country you I buy a mobile phone prepaid card I use orange orange email and I pay nothing

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
ysmods my site is http://Swiftupload.com

I am using mandrill and it was working at first but now when the user signs up they don't recieve any email, even though mandrill says it was send and recieved, but there is no email in inbox or spam folder

belweder6664104

YetiShare User
Jul 10, 2014
How much it will cost if I will use mandrill? Set up is easy?
I have the same problem with my emails which are sent from file hosting, they go directly to SPAM folder... I tried use this http://blog.matoski.com/articles/spf-dk-dkim-plesk-debian/ but second part of this is too difficult and I stuck...

belweder6664104

YetiShare User
Jul 10, 2014
can you tell me one thing - I have server in server4you.net but domain is in the ovh.com, where I should make dns TXT updates??