Original Flow theme for 5.1

pr0fesseur

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Aug 18, 2020
i was under the impression that as stated on the website that FLow and blue came with the purchase of the yetishare.. are these in the works?

jordan

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Feb 3, 2013
From my understanding, they have been replaced.
- Flow & blue_v2 themes replaced with the new Spirit theme using Bootstrap 4.
The main MFScripts website is outdated on information though!
Maybe @adam will get on that eventually :p

Reactions: ngospelmedia

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
That's correct. The Flow & Blue v2 themes are replaced by Spirit in v5. We'll still support them on v4 installs, however there was a lot of changes to the structure of the code in v5 which meant they couldn't (easily!) be migrated.

Thanks for pointing out the website content :oops:, I've fixed this.

pr0fesseur

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Aug 18, 2020
ok, well is there a beginners guide to creating or modifying the themes? what tools to use to modify them? they dont seem to be of any format ive seen before

jordan

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Feb 3, 2013
ok, well is there a beginners guide to creating or modifying the themes? what tools to use to modify them? they dont seem to be of any format ive seen before
Editing a theme is pretty simple if you know basic HTML and CSS. First thing you should do is copy the current spirit theme and build off any of your changes in that.

This is how my current theme is coming along:
chrome_2021-01-28_14-42-59.png

This is a dashboard theme that I am integrating into Yetishare. Worth noting however, unfortunately for me, I also wanted to go above the theme editing so my rendition does edit some of the PHP and JavaScript outside of the theme files.

Last edited:

pr0fesseur

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Aug 18, 2020
Editing a theme is pretty simple if you know basic HTML and CSS. First thing you should do is copy the current spirit theme and build off any of your changes in that.

This is how my current theme is coming along:

This is a dashboard theme that I am integrating into Yetishare. Worth noting however, unfortunately for me, I also wanted to go above the theme editing so my rendition does edit some of the PHP and JavaScript outside of the theme files.
ya i just wanted the single page back that i had in flow... i had a really nice full page gif and logo it was super simple but nice... im not that skilled to change php and html.. some simple CSS i could do but this is much different from what i am used to .. even changing colors is difficulty to find the right setting...i am not familiar with symphony and bootstrap

pr0fesseur

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Aug 18, 2020
but as of right now i cant even upload large files.. says a permissions error but its all 0777, and any file i CAN upload never shows up in my folder...
the documentation is LACKING to say the least.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
but as of right now i cant even upload large files.. says a permissions error but its all 0777, and any file i CAN upload never shows up in my folder...
the documentation is LACKING to say the least.
I've just updated the ticket you raised. Agreed we need to do some work on the documentation, but in the mean time drop us a ticket with any questions and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Reactions: pr0fesseur

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
There's a guide to copying the Spirit theme here:

All html code is within /themes/spirit/views/. They're called twig files, but really they're mainly html.

They're loaded by a controller PHP file within /themes/spirit/controllers/ - these are the business logic behind each page. Once they're done, they pass off onto the twig view.

Lastly there's a route, this is the url part, so /contact or /faq etc. These are defined in /themes/spirit/ThemeSpirit.class.php and point to the controller I mentioned above.

There's a guide below for creating a new page, perhaps this will help explain the page structure a bit more until we bulk up the docs. Also worth downloading an IDE like Netbeans, it's far easier to search and visualise the code.

Reactions: pr0fesseur