Options we need admin

green3ye

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Dec 1, 2012
I currently own a big file sharing site and have decided to work around your script and do some modification to meet the big fish needs. Here is couple things I would suggest and would want to know how we can plugin:

1. Upload to file servers should direct straight to file servers instead of going to temp folder. This way when you getting 5-10k uploads a day, the writes on your server doesn't get to high. The easy way to do this would be to make the upload script be in on all the file servers and load it via ajax or iframe to the main site.

2. Specifying which countries can upload to which server would also be another nice feature.

3. Files should be able to be marked public or private, with password when uploading. Add description to file as well.

4. Admin should have option to select files and move to specific file server. Moving files from one server to another is important to balance traffic at times.

5. Downloads should not be through ftp. Instead from direct link like server14.domain.com/linktofile

Admin, if the options above can be done or you can do it via custom task for me, I am willing to pay for that.
Thank you

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
I would appreciate all mentioned above as well.

I have bad feeling about this when there will be more uploads and downloads and everything will be routed through the main server. Offered approach: server14.domain.com/linktofile is the easiest to scale.

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
Btw. if the current script will be developed further as "lite" for the current price tag (49 USD) and above solution as "enterprise" I would accept a pricetag like 200 USD, with 200 USD/year maintenance (upgrades).

Obviously I would really appreciate easy upgrade from the current solution ;)

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I do not think having a "lite" and "premium" versions of the script is a good idea. Especially when there is a file hosting script that does have the other servers features already built in to it and it is FREE.
Yes I agree that having these features would be extremely beneficial to the script and it would make it more popular in the long term, but having 2 different versions of it would be a bad idea as it would only get pirated and made available on warez sites.

shopping1782

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Sep 12, 2012
Pirating the script is bad idea as you would get zero support for it plus zero updates.