Mirror website

teutz4194

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2014
Hi Adam,

I was wondering how could i mirror the main server site , to my local site (different language)?
For example i have host.com main site , main server.
I want to use dehost.com to be a complete different site in DE language but to use same functionalities as host.com ? I don't want to redirect because i want to start marketing dehost.com in DE.

Can you give me an idea ?

Thanks in advance

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
You could park the domain dehost.com on top of host.com and change some parts of the code in order to identify which domain the user is using and alter some variables such as site name, page titles and etc.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
enricodias4654 said:
You could park the domain dehost.com on top of host.com and change some parts of the code in order to identify which domain the user is using and alter some variables such as site name, page titles and etc.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, the way I would do it, probably not the best way,

Keep the original domain the way it is, have the second domain with whatever content and a subdomain for the second domain as a direct file server. It would be nice if direct servers can have their own page and not just redirect to the main site, I'm not sure if that's changing in the new version, and i haven't tested making a change to the htaccess file as it would probably break file downloads. I think someone asked something similar to this in the wurlie forum

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
paypal1352 said:
enricodias4654 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, the way I would do it, probably not the best way,

Keep the original domain the way it is, have the second domain with whatever content and a subdomain for the second domain as a direct file server. It would be nice if direct servers can have their own page and not just redirect to the main site, I'm not sure if that's changing in the new version, and i haven't tested making a change to the htaccess file as it would probably break file downloads. I think someone asked something similar to this in the wurlie forum
To park a domain on another is to make both domains use the same files in the hosting account. Doing this and modifying some variables in the code you can get a copy of your site in another domain without duplicate the files.

The variables that must be changed are variables and constants related to the site name and url.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
To park a domain on another is to make both domains use the same files in the hosting account. Doing this and modifying some variables in the code you can get a copy of your site in another domain without duplicate the files.

The variables that must be changed are variables and constants related to the site name and url.
Cool, didn't even know that was possible, I learned something new today, thanks