Migrate Form Apache To NGINX

faridadobani5832

YetiShare User
Mar 28, 2016
Hello,

I have a server with Apache and WHM Cpanel installed. I want to migrate it to Nginx as it is recommended by Yetishare. Can someone show me exacts methods to migrate safely without any data loss.

My Server have active live sites in it.

Thank You,
Farida Dobani.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
There is no risk of data loss. The risk is to have your site offline due to a bad configuration on nginx. I suggest making a backup and restoring it on a test server and them try to migrate the test server to nginx.

faridadobani5832

YetiShare User
Mar 28, 2016
So There is no issue with data loss. I have installed NginxCP in my WHM Cpanel. Can Someone suggest proper configurations. I want to know how to enable X-accell-redirect on NginxCP. I tried to follow steps on knowledge base but failed. I dont have much Idea on how to run Nginx and Apache both together.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
faridadobani5832 said:
So There is no issue with data loss. I have installed NginxCP in my WHM Cpanel. Can Someone suggest proper configurations. I want to know how to enable X-accell-redirect on NginxCP. I tried to follow steps on knowledge base but failed. I dont have much Idea on how to run Nginx and Apache both together.
Why do you want to run apache and nginx together?

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
Maybe he runs plesk, i run it and its impossible to run nginx only, plesk sucks

webbycloud5534

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Nov 13, 2015
I would like to know how to do this as well, could there a be a step by step video to guide one for this? I've never tried NGINX, but I'm sure its the way to go. I have around 400 users now and I plan on reaching over 1000 by the end of the year...

pilot830

YetiShare User
Jan 22, 2014
I get great performance with apache, haven't had any desire to use nginx other than for the x-accel-redirect maybe

donnywahyudi874705

YetiShare User
Jan 31, 2015
Actually no data will be lost. You just need to turn off apache, or change it to another port.

After that, install nginx and php-fpm if you plan to use phpfpm as php processor. Other than that you can also use nginx as reverse proxy to your apache server.

good luck with the project.