Mediaplayer Plugin?

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
I have noticed that the player is a different style for different file types. How can it be made to display
the same player for all file types?

Is it possible to follow the free user download limits with the player by allowing the player to stream up to the limit
then cut off and show an upgrade link?

How can we display ads in the player?

How can we show error messages in the player when a file type is not supported?

Also, the ability for remote uploads from the yetishare script to other file hosts is now only returning a page and no longer a file after the mediaplayer plugin is installed. Is there a way to get it working again?

Thanks

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I have noticed that the player is a different style for different file types. How can it be made to display
the same player for all file types?
>>> It can't. The divx and media player version can't be styled unfortunately. The only option might be to restrict file uploads to the mp4 version so it always plays in jPlayer.

Is it possible to follow the free user download limits with the player by allowing the player to stream up to the limit
then cut off and show an upgrade link?
How can we display ads in the player?
How can we show error messages in the player when a file type is not supported?
>>> These have been added to the RFCs list.

Also, the ability for remote uploads from the yetishare script to other file hosts is now only returning a page and no longer a file after the mediaplayer plugin is installed. Is there a way to get it working again?
>>> The media player code is completely separate code so it wont affect this. I'd imagine the file upload site doesn't allow direct downloads and is returning their upgrade page.

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
>>> The media player code is completely separate code so it wont affect this. I'd imagine the file upload site doesn't allow direct downloads and is returning their upgrade page.

I tried to transfer files from my site to other file hosts that I was able to transfer to via remote upload before installing the plugin (yesterday) but all my site will return to the other host now is a page and not a file. I think the player is doing something to inhibit the transfer of the direct link.

(tested with netload & rapidgator)

Could you take a look into it please?

Thanks for answering the rest of the questions.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The code is different so there's no way the remote upload can be affected. To check, try un-installing then removing the plugin to see if it then works.

gccarlin011700

YetiShare User
Aug 11, 2012
Thanks again,

I ran a test.

Plugin installed - 2 transfers failed to send files (only web page)
Plugin Uninstalled - 2 transfers successful (sent files)

It is definitely a plugin issue. Thank you.

Also it does not matter if auto play is on or off.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Please provide the exact steps, including urls, in order to replace the issue.