Issue with mime types and extensions

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Hello.

I found some issues about how the script get the file mime type and extension:

1) finfo may not return the correct mime type for all files. For an mkv file I got application/octet-stream; charset=binary and the correct would be video/x-matroska; charset=binary. Different php versions may have different results and it is possible that different storage servers use different php versions. I recommend not using finfo.

2) The remote upload doesn't take the real file name from the http header. It get the name displayed in the url after the last "/". This will cause wrong file names and wrong file extensions in some links. The script should get the real file name from the header content-disposition (RFC 2616).

3) Users cannot edit file extensions and this prevent they from fixing wrong extensions created by the remote upload.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
I just noticed that the file name error does not happen every time. The uploader class try to get the file name from the header but it does not work all times. I noticed this problem on file names with space.

Btw, you don't need to make another curl request to get this data (as seen in the funcion getRemoteFileDetails). It is possible to use CURLOPT_WRITEHEADER in the downloadRemoteFile function and get the header in a separate file, saving one request.