IP list outdated

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Hello.

The ip list used by yetishare is very outdated. I've been working with country ip lists for the past 3 years and I can say that the ip allocations change frequently. I update my lists on a weekly basis and every week there are new ips allocated to my country. A static list of ips for all countries is not reliable.

Perform a whois on every ip is also not possible. I recommend updating this list on a weekly basis and relay this update to all yetishare installations.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i know there are a few IP geolocation websites that have API service, not sure if we can have our script integrated with the API........

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

Just to let you know that we've updated this functionality for the next release. The release will include a PHP script that takes the data from http://software77.net/geo-ip/ and converts it into the php class files within \core\includes\ip_to_country\, so you can update the data as you need. You'll need to manually call it at the moment (it's not automated) but it'll at least give you the ability to use the latest data.

We'd prefer local lookups rather than using an external API, since it's a lot faster, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. The beta is planned for later this week so you can have a look then.

Thanks,
Adam.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
adam said:
Hi,

Just to let you know that we've updated this functionality for the next release. The release will include a PHP script that takes the data from http://software77.net/geo-ip/ and converts it into the php class files within \core\includes\ip_to_country\, so you can update the data as you need. You'll need to manually call it at the moment (it's not automated) but it'll at least give you the ability to use the latest data.

We'd prefer local lookups rather than using an external API, since it's a lot faster, hopefully this is a step in the right direction. The beta is planned for later this week so you can have a look then.

Thanks,
Adam.
Good. I tested a few dozen new ips on this site and got the correct data. It seems up to date.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
This is good news. waiting for the new update...

adam said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Adam.

skintzel5348

Jan 1, 1970
Thanks for the fast implementation, adam - i hope you will release the new version asap because u have said the release will be mid februar in the blog update.

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
Don't rush the man bro, quality products take time

Adam, thanks for taking the time to implement a lot of the changes we've been reporting this close to the release