How to get more views to my website

zipitshare1707

YetiShare User
Aug 14, 2012
Hi there i have had this script for about 6 months now and been hosting it. But still i barley GET any views to the website i have tried everything but still doesn't. Can anybody give me advice because i am planning to give up with my site because of cost and not making any back. I cant afford adwords or Facebook ads just yet. Please i would like to see my site to be popular like mega,putlocker,mediafire and all them.I have told my friends and tried posting it on blogs and that but they still ant coming is it worth waiting for another 6 months or not.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

I'm not an SEO guru but I've done a good bit of promoting our own sites. Here's some of what we try to do:

- Links! This is the key for getting traffic. The more you have (generally) the higher you'll be listing in search engines. Just contact similar sites and ask to exchange links. It's a long boring job but it'll be worth it in the long run.
- Submit to directories such as Dmoz & Yahoo. Have a search in Google for free directory submitters. (submit with an email address you're happy to receive a lot of spam on!)
- Advertise on very targeted sites using an ad service like buysellads.com. (yes it costs but it can be worth it)
- Post in similar forums. We use Digital Point quite a lot but there are lots of forums out there that you can use.
- Give away something free via forums. Maybe offer a number of free premium accounts.
- Setup a Facebook and Twitter page.

We've had mixed success with Adwords, sometimes costing us a fair bit, so you need to be very specific about what keywords you use. If you can spend more time on building the organic traffic, it'll be better longer term.

Remember though that there's lots of competition. If it was easy then everyone would be setting up the next mediafire! :)

Regards,
Adam.