How to add a new Theme?

info2438

Wurlie User
Jan 1, 1970
Can someone tell me how can I add a new theme?

Is it possible to create a child theme?

What files do I need to modify to change the whole layout without affecting the core script files?

info2438

Wurlie User
Jan 1, 1970
We were able to add another theme option in the Page Options (Site template theme) by modifying an array in the DB. But it looks like this script it's not 100% prepared to add a different theme.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Just edit the files in the theme folder. Copy the existing theme as a backup and make any changes you need.

info2438

Wurlie User
Jan 1, 1970
Nop, that's not the solution, the only thing we can do there is just change colors, in case we need to add new <div> or whatever other element we need to modify the core files of the script.

Look at the attached images and you will see what I'm talking about. We were able to add a new theme folder and new style but we needed to modify the DB.

There's no way to control the header, navigation bar, footer, sidebar, etc... without messing the core files.

To avoid this we are doing all the changes using only pure CSS properties directly to our own CSS file under our own theme folder.

We're trying to avoid as much possible that our custom work won't be affected in future updates of the script.