How many are using the search files feature?

pilot830

YetiShare User
Jan 22, 2014
and what do you think of it? I havent enabled mine because I think a lot of my uploads happened before this search files feature came out.. and im afraid users of mine may feel weird that their file is searchable..

and im afraid that many people just blindly upload files, not realizing that it could be searched.. or not caring enough to set the publically accessible feature to be off

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Most of my uploaders use abbreviations on file names. "Example Movie Name" becomes "EXP.MVE.NME". Search is useless with those names.

Many users also use .rar files with passwords.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i personally dont use this. users may be uploading their personal backup or their photos and you dont want anyone to just search and download files.

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
pilot830 said:
iguanashare4743 said:
I prefer not using it .
Why not? Just curious, same reason as what i said?

Many Reasons :

1- Users privacy , most of them don't check if its public or not
2- I have clients that use it for backup and they own small business with limited knowledge about computers , they just login and upload
3- Safer for DMCA or/if any adult materials exist as well
4- Why to expose my site popularity to others ( with this search feature you can know how popular your site is and who are your clients . not good idea for new websites with few uploads / day )

gabrieldiazbernal4711

YetiShare User
Feb 3, 2015
iguanashare4743 said:
pilot830 said:
iguanashare4743 said:
I prefer not using it .
Why not? Just curious, same reason as what i said?

Many Reasons :

1- Users privacy , most of them don't check if its public or not
2- I have clients that use it for backup and they own small business with limited knowledge about computers , they just login and upload
3- Safer for DMCA or/if any adult materials exist as well
4- Why to expose my site popularity to others ( with this search feature you can know how popular your site is and who are your clients . not good idea for new websites with few uploads / day )
I really have never thought of activating that option