How can I transfer data from 4 file servers to 2 file server?

joymax27104000

YetiShare User
Jun 4, 2014
Hello,

At this time, I want change my server supplier.
I have 4 file servers at old server supplier, and I have 2 file servers at new server supplier.
So how can I transfer data from 4 file servers to 2 file server?

Thanks for helping.

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
The fastest way is to transfer manually with rsync and change the serverId of the files in the database.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
exactly as @enricodia mentioned. transfer server 1 and server 2 to the new server 1 and server 3 and server 4 to the new server 2 and then update files' serverId using SQL...

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
This may help with the database part:

https://support.mfscripts.com/public/kb_view/23/

zigma4000

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Jun 9, 2013
UAE
www.uploadman.com
Well, I just transferred to new servers and rsync is the fastest way as I researched.

first transfer uploaded files then move database, moving files take more time depending on your connection speed and network traffic.

in command line use the following command :

rsync -hrtplu --progress --stats /yourfilesexactdirectory username@serverIP:/yourfileslocationondestinationserver

then it asks for password of user you defined on command, enter it and if all addresses are correct it starts to move files and show you percentage and remaining files count down.

you can do it as old server 1&2 to new server 1 and old server 3&4 to new server 2.

good luck

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Dont forget to change the chmod or change the owner of the files that you transferred. If you transfer the files as root the php script won't be able to delete them.

joymax27104000

YetiShare User
Jun 4, 2014
adam said:
This may help with the database part:

https://support.mfscripts.com/public/kb_view/23/
Please help me:
Make note of the new server 'id' from your database. It's in the 'file_server' table. >>> I don't know how can do it? What is it?

Update the serverId on all file records in your database to point at the new server. Below, replace NEW_SERVER_ID with your new server id (noted above) and OLD_SERVER_ID with your old server id.
UPDATE file SET serverId = NEW_SERVER_ID WHERE serverId = OLD_SERVER_ID;

>>> I don't know how can do it? What is it?

Please give screenshot, thanks for helping.
Please help me!