Help in adding external server

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
Hi am using remote direct server type , and am getting this error :

Testing file server... (direct file server)

- Testing that server and path is available http://serverxxx.xxxxxxx.net/... Successfully found server.

- Checking connectivity to the site database from the file server... Database ok.

- Testing mod rewrite and .htaccess file... Could not validate that the .htaccess file had been created on the file server or that mod rewrite was enabled, please check and try again.

the mod rewrite is always enabled . i did all steps correctly but am having this error , i even downloaded the .htaccess file that is found in the page but same error .

Note : when i download the .htaccess to my iMac it will be saved without the . ( dot ) but then after i upload it to the ftp i add the . ( dot )

i even tried on windows same issue , does this have anything to do ?

rfhmendes

YetiShare User
Jul 14, 2015
Permission for .htaccess file is 644?

The file .htaccess is the correct one and located where it should be?

If the answer is "yes" to both questions above, I would say that mod_rewrite is probably not working in your server (when you think it is).

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
rfhmendes said:
Permission for .htaccess file is 644?

The file .htaccess is the correct one and located where it should be?

If the answer is "yes" to both questions above, I would say that mod_rewrite is probably not working in your server (when you think it is).

1- i downloaded the .htaccess from ( In addition, if you're using Apache, replace the '.htaccess' on the file server with the one listed below.

.htaccess )

and uploaded it to : /public_html/serverxxx since my server link is : http://serverxxx.xxxxxxx.net/

2- the .htaccess file is 644

3- yes am sure mod_rewrite is on

any idea ?

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
your firewall is the issue. allow all connections between your 2 servers. Main and external server IP and you should be good.

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
sukhman21 said:
your firewall is the issue. allow all connections between your 2 servers. Main and external server IP and you should be good.

Do you mean Remote MySQL ? if yes i already added the ips on both sites

if not can you please tell me where i can fix the firewall issue ?

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
1. just make sure you can access SQL from your external server, just use terminal on your external server and try logging in remotely to SQL.
2. Make sure you allow all TCP connections in your linux firewall between both servers (iptables, etc. )