GUIDE: Amazon S3 File Store

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
just add plugin and upload your zip file. From amazon IAM, get your API key and enter it in plugin settings.
Then all you need to do is go to your script admin area and add new fileserver and select S3 in options.. thats all you need.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Probably permissions or plugin settings issue. create a support ticket for the admin.

iguanashare4743

YetiShare User
Feb 7, 2015
I was wondering if i use Amazon S3 will it handle the high traffic and downloads ? or this depends on my main site setting

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
not 100% sure but i think it will depend on where your user is downloading files from? and also how many concurrent downloads are going on via S3.
I dont think you should be using S3 for all your file storage. maybe using multiple S3 buckets or even multiple smaller VPS's would be a better option ??

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
i was using it for a bit, but now for some reason with the v4.3 its not working for me. It worked well, although i didnt try to load test it, i think downloads are sent directly from s3 so i'd imagine it should handle just fine, not sure about uploads though as they may be uploading to the site then get transferred over but i could be wrong.

Multiple direct file servers is probably still the better option though. Maybe Adam can explain this though, he's the expert on this subject.