FTP Storage server wont work, Need urgent due to limited storage

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Hello there,

I got this script about a month or so ago and i created a site which is working great. the only issue i am having with it so far is "Adding FTP storage server"

when i enter all the info in "Add file server" and try to create a new FTP server and then test it, i get an error
Code:
Testing connection to file server... (via ftp)
- Making sure ftp functions are available in PHP... FTP functions found.
- Finding file server FTP-server on ip **.**.**.** (port: 21)... Successfully found.
- Authenticating with stored user '*******' and password [HIDDEN]... Successfully authenticated.
- Changing to storage directory: public_html/********... Successfully changed directory.
- Attempting test upload to: public_html/*******... Could not upload a file to public_html/*******!
when i change Enable Passive mode to "Yes". FTP test goes successful but when i go and upload file to my website, the file wont upload and i get this error
Code:
Error: There was a problem uploading the file to ******.com
I dont see anything in the website error logs and no error logs in my VPS server either. Really need this fixed please help..

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
come on guys anyone? i need some help here, i am running out of my storage space.... only 5% left.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for replying. i gave the folder 777 permissions and still doesnt work..
tried uploading files to windows FTP server but still nothing.

Can you tell me the php file or where is the script located that tries to connect to the FTP server so i can try to hard code it ??? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Also found out that if i try to connect to sftp (port 22). it doesnt work at all.... no matter if i try active/passive ftp mode.

parham4229

Sep 3, 2014
Try this to make sure your FTP is working fine

https://ftptest.net

I think the issue is on your FTP server side

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i tried on that website and FTP is working according to them but still doesn't work through my website..

I guess the developers don't want to help.

Not a good support here MFScripts.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i would like to but i am not able to login to your support system, it doesn't recognize my credentials. Does the support come with the script or do i have to purchase it extra ?? I bought the script about a month ago.

xperience024227

YetiShare User
Sep 2, 2014
i dont know what kind of server you are using... if on linux environment install vsftpd

instructions
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=518293&p=3138955#post3138955

make sure to restart vsftpd by:
Code:
sudo service vsftpd restart
the ftp user usuall will auto log into their home folder
Code:
/home/<username>/
you can create a shortcut link from the user home folder to the actual files folder on your script root by doing this:
ref: https://radu.cotescu.com/vsftpd-and-symbolic-links/

Code:
mkdir /home/<username/files/
mount --bind /path/to/yetishare/files/folder/ /home/<username>/files/
example:
Code:
mount --bind /var/www/html/files /home/yetishare/files

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Hello,
I have ProFTP installed on my linux (centos v6.6 X86_64) server. i verified the chmod and chown is all good. my FTP user has full ownership of the folder and even tried 777 permissions. nogo still.. i am thinking of trying to create a subdomain and use direct server option instead of FTP.

S3 plugin will cost extra otherwise i would have preferred to use that instead of FTP option because FTP isnt that secure and yetishare script dont work with sFTP..

xperience024227

YetiShare User
Sep 2, 2014
actually i changed my instructions... symlinks are not allow.. but you can mount a folder instead.. see my intial solution..

yes, direct option is good. but its very troublesome to set up servers and make sure it works.. i'm on my 7th direct server... im trying the ftp method now

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
yea, i was able to set the direct server and it worked fine. So i guess i ll go this way rather than using FTP. direct server is better i guess as it will take the load off the primary server. FTP still will use some resources from primary server i think (maybe i am wrong).. Still testing out everything.