ftp file size upload limit bug?

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
ok here is my situation. I have set the max filesize upload for free users to 700mb on my site but I also allow free users to upload via ftp using the ftp plugin. even tho I have it set to allow only 700mb in the free_user_max_upload and free_user_max_ftp_upload they can upload via ftp any file size they want. Even the Premium users can upload a file past there file size limit. Although They can not transfer the file via the ftp tab because it does give them the file exceeds the limit error the file is still on the ftp server. I had someone upload a 50gb file and it takes up space on the server...
Is this normal or will the file expire after a certain amount of time if the file is not transferred from the ftp? because after 5 days the 50gb file is still there in there waiting to be transferred ftp tab.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The script wont remove the pending file if it's over the upload size limit, it just wont import it. What limit have you set on the generated FTP accounts (via the plugin settings). If you set FTP accounts to have a max storage limit of say 2GB, they probably won't be able to upload a 50GB file.

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
ok for some reason I forgot to set a value there had 0 so I will try uploading a 2gb file since I now have it set on 1gb limit and will report back. I was able to remove the gb file the user contacted me upset I told him that he was only allowed 700mb and it was an error but I removed it.
Will report back soon with results.

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
update I set the ftp account quota to 10mb to test it and found you can still upload files larger than the quota. using a ftp client. I was unable to complete the transfer because I also changed the ftp upload size in the settings but it still allowed to upload to the ftp larger than the settings. Unless I missed something the quota doesnt seem to work.
I would like to request additional options but will make this request in the rfc sections.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The quota will only work for new ftp accounts. If you modify it on cpanel directly it should have the same effect.

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
ok I see that now I just tried it with new account and it did not allow to upload to ftp. Then I will have to wait to see if I can get different quota options in the plugin settings one for free and one for paid. May try this my self and see if I can make the changes... wish me luck....lol