File Upload size limited to 2 GB?

keshav00014127

YetiShare User
Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

I want to have unlimited file upload size or atleast 10GB for my upload server.
But when I try to set the option in admin panel, it still shows restricted to 2GB.
Please guide how to remove this limit ?

I tried to set 0 also in config, although after that the limit is shown as 0kb in front page, but any file size was getting uploaded.
In this case, however my 3.46gb file got uploaded and was in files/_tmp folder with same size (3.46gb), but it didnt get transferred to a valid url scheme folder, and also the file link wasn't given after 100% upload was completed.
Files upto 800mb were working good with this setting
(didnt try files in between 800mb and 3.46gb)

Please tell me how to fix this.

-
Keshav

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
You need a 64bit OS and Apache & PHP compiled into 64bit mode to upload files of that size because of the limitations in a 32bit OS (it is similar to the RAM limitations in Windows 32bit being 3.4Gb).

See here for information: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4614147/uploading-a-file-larger-than-2gb-using-php

keshav00014127

YetiShare User
Jul 21, 2014
I am using windows 8 64bit, with 64bit wamp installed. But when your max file upload size values are being parsed using int, they are getting limited to 2gb (although shouldn't be on 64bit php).

However the issue is, as script is using chunking(xhr objects) to upload files to server, and files are getting uploaded in 3mb chunks as you have set in script. Then why is this error coming ? And as I posted earlier, when i set limit to 0, the 3.46gb file got uploaded to server and was lying in files/_tmp directory but wasn't transferred to actual directory for use.

I think there is some issue with file moving and url generation part of script.