Few pre-sale questions

uncledavy

Aug 28, 2018
Hi admins,

a) I am looking to use Wasabi and they use S3 compatible protocols/bucket. How easy would it be to use their service? Wasabi provides similar API and Secret stuff like S3. Would changing the URL in the back-end be enough, or would it be a major surgery.

b) When adding storage. Can I make S3 bucket as default for all users, so all pictures are stored in that particular bucket.

c) I am interested to use Amazon RDS as database. Is remote database possible?

d) Also Amazon CloudFront. Any support for it?

many thanks in advance.
Cheers

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

In response to your questions:

a) I am looking to use Wasabi and they use S3 compatible protocols/bucket. How easy would it be to use their service? Wasabi provides similar API and Secret stuff like S3. Would changing the URL in the back-end be enough, or would it be a major surgery.
>>> I'm not sure as I've not done this before. However looking online it suggests there's just a change needed to the endpoint within the S3 settings. It would be a code change but fairly straight forward. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction for the file to update.

b) When adding storage. Can I make S3 bucket as default for all users, so all pictures are stored in that particular bucket.
>>> Yes.

c) I am interested to use Amazon RDS as database. Is remote database possible?
>>> Yes.

d) Also Amazon CloudFront. Any support for it?
>>> Not at the moment.

Thanks,
Adam.

uncledavy

Aug 28, 2018
Sounds like a great start. Wasabi + AWS RDS solves partial scalability + speed issues. AWS CDN would rock this app.

I was exploring around and saw that the Payment gateway for Paysera is not complete. Its just says to put a test url. I have Paysera on Wordpress and Shopify and they use more credentials. (API + Project ID + username +password). I can look into Mollie too. My country has limited choices for payment approval. Paysera works best for us. If you can help me with paysera. It will be awesome.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

The Paysera gateway is a third party plugin and it looks like they don't have a default for them other fields in the code, hence the option isn't there to edit them.

https://github.com/povils/omnipay-paysera/blob/master/src/Gateway.php

Looking at the code though it takes a project id and password. So I could amend the form in Reservo to request these, if that would help.

I've not used Paysera before however if we can't get it working I'd be happy to refund the purchase price.

Thanks,
Adam.