Error "Could not open socket" with ReCaptcha and SolveMedia

contact2608

YetiShare User
Jun 7, 2013
Hello,

For a few days I get an error "Could not open socket" after the state validation captcha on all page (register.php, download.php) whatsoever with the mod yetisharemods (solvemedia) or with reCaptcha google.
The error is the same.

I need your help is urgent.

Sincerly

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Re: Error "Could not open socket" with ReCaptcha and SolveMe

The below is taken from the Solvemedia website

Why am I getting a "could not open socket" error?
The error that you are seeing means that your webserver is unable to establish a connection with our servers.

First, try pinging verify.solvemedia.com from your server. Your server must be able to communicate with servers associated with that address. If pinging fails, check your server settings (firewall, etc.) to make sure that connections to verify.solvemedia.com are not being blocked.

Some web hosting services have policies that restrict outbound requests on port 80, which our PHP library currently requires. Your hosting service's policy and restrictions are entirely up to them and beyond our control. We will continue to explore other implementation options, but for now you have to resolve the issue with your hosting service.

If your hosting service does not block requests on port 80 and all your settings are correct, but the problem persists, submit a trouble ticket.

contact2608

YetiShare User
Jun 7, 2013
Re: Error "Could not open socket" with ReCaptcha and SolveMe

It's ok, the problem was my mail server.
Now it's working find