Easiest way to migrate upload data to new location?

kujila3916

YetiShare User
May 1, 2014
Hello,

Using the File Server manager, I can create and remove various locations for end users to upload files.

If I want to move a file server's contents, from say, a local server to a remote one, how should I do that? If I just copy the data folder over, and use the same file server name, will it auto import the uploaded files?

Thanks!

kujila3916

YetiShare User
May 1, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I think I need to be more specific in my question.

Let's say I run dfdssfsfd's command he posted, and move all the files. So now all the files are moved from Server 1 to Server 2. All I need to do then is point "File Servers" settings to the new location (using the same name) and everything will work OK?

dfdssfsfd3806

YetiShare User
Apr 4, 2014
yes you change the command line to be done by ssh will ask the password of the server or sending you I could send 80 gigabytes in a minute

belweder6664104

YetiShare User
Jul 10, 2014
I moved all files from 1st server (were 80 files) to 2nd, I made the same file name, but I see that I still have only 1 new uploaded file (I uploaded this file for test). All 80 files are on new location - I see it on my ftp. I used scp -rp /var/www/files_2/ [email protected]:/var/www/ and all files from first server were moved... What can I do to see in my website Admin Panel in "File Servers" section that on my second new server are this moved files??

belweder6664104

YetiShare User
Jul 10, 2014
is there a easy way to change each single Server ID ?
I have 600 files, and it's not easy when I want to change it in database manually.....

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
To do all files which have the same server ID would be something like this:

Code:
UPDATE file SET serverId = '2' WHERE serverId = '1'
"SET serverId" is the new server ID
"WHERE serverId" is the previous server ID