Downloads return as 0 KB

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Hey,

I'm having an issue while downloading files from my site, the files are damaged and the file size is 0KB. I think this is as issue with PHP but I'm not sure what is causing it.

Details: Apache, Debian 7, PHP

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Do you have xSendFile or xAccelRedirect enabled in the admin area, site settings? If so, try disabling it to see if downloading works.

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
I don't have those enabled and when I didn't have this issue (0KB) whenever I try to turn on XSendFile, the same error occurs and sometime it doesn't even start. This happened when we started using Adwords and a lot of traffic came in to my site.

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
As a sidenote, this doesn't happen every time. This happens when there are a lot of people. Also i am sure its not my box because it is able to handle all the traffic.

Regards

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Sounds like the web server is being overloaded if it happens intermittently. You may need to tweak the web server config. Did you try these:

https://support.mfscripts.com/public/kb_view/27/

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Will those tweaks applies to a download server? It has 1gbps connectivity and what are the recommended requirements for a download server?