Download countdown 60sec

yuser

Jan 1, 1970
Is it possible to make a Button before The countdown starts i Did found a thread here in forum with instruction but it doesnt works with v 4.0.1 maybe somebody can help?

henrikpontusjohansson4609

YetiShare User
Jan 3, 2015
Hey, in Admin area under configuration you can find "Manage Download Pages" click edit on the one you want to change and you will see the timer option in (seconds). Set to 0 for instant download and then save when you have made your changes and you are all set.

Had a bit issue my self to find it.

This was the setting you were looking?

yuser

Jan 1, 1970
no i want that a Button apears before the 60 sec timer starts

like [BUTTON] DOWNLOAD NOW [BUTTON END] after Click on it the 60 Seconds timer starts

59..58..57.. and after the time the user must click again on Download to Start it finally.

mpuria

YetiShare User
Feb 19, 2015
That is possible, you just need to wrap the timer and download/view button section with

Code:
<div id="timercontent"  style="display:none;" class="some_css_class" >THE TIMER CODE IN THEMES/THEMENAME/TEMPLATES</div>
<input type="button" name="timer" value="Start Countdown  onclick="showTimer()" />
also add this JS
Code:
function showTimer() {
   document.getElementById('timercontent').style.display = "block";
}
Regards,
mpuria

mpuria

YetiShare User
Feb 19, 2015
The code seems fine to me although haven't tested it yet on live website. It will take a a few days to test it because my desktop is burnt out and I'll have to get a new one :mrgreen:

I will post the working code when its done or someone who has already done this could post it.

spamrummler5919

YetiShare User
Apr 29, 2016
Hey Adam or any system administrators, we are trying to set up our YETISHARE and want to have the countdown timer come up for FREE USERS and no matter what we do, it doesn't show up. I created a free account and have been testing so that I know when changes happen, but everytime I log in to my free account and act as though I am a free user, the site allows me to download one file after another with no wait time??? Help!!!

UPDATE:
We figured out what we were doing wrong, we didn't understand that a user always has unfettered access to their own files... once we tried with a second account on the files owned by the first the constraints all seemed to apply (so the speed of the download was decreased and the use had to wait to download a second file...)

Thanks