Dialog box on first login

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Hey,

I'm back with another question (Sorry if its too much though).

Basically its related to the question I asked before and since it's not possible without modifying the code,
How can I show a Dialog box saying "Change your Password to your liking" with the "New Password and Repeat Password" forms appear when a user login for the first time to their account ( the file manager ).

Thanks!

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
You would need a new column in the users table in the database to "check" if they have changed their password via that form or just closed the form.
You'd need to write into the code the necessary php/html/css to control the opening of the dialog box, what happens when they submit the box and what happens if they close the box without changing their password.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
It would mean modifying the account_home files and adding the code there, I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

You could change which page the user firsts see's once they log in, instead of the account_home.html, they could be directed to account_edit.html so they can change there pass straight away.

If you wanted to do that edit the following:
/themes/flow/templates/login.html

Find:
Code:
// successful login
coreFunctions::redirect(coreFunctions::getCoreSitePath() . '/account_home.' . SITE_CONFIG_PAGE_EXTENSION);
Change to:
Code:
// successful login
coreFunctions::redirect(coreFunctions::getCoreSitePath() . '/account_edit.' . SITE_CONFIG_PAGE_EXTENSION);