Designers from Hell! - Piandesign.com Pentalogy

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015
I hereby, with all due respect to good ones, report this theme YS designer to the community:

Designer ID: piandesign (aka lajusangat)
Official website: piandesign.com
Known contact e-mail: [email protected] (linked to his Paypal account)

This guy is untrustworthy, he has been given a plan for a simple custom theme design that spanned 5 terrible months of interrupted progress to end up with a dead non-working theme. No response from his side up to date.

Now it's a shame listing some unknown designers on YS website piggybacking on its good reputation. Other than that someone should check some dead links lingering there. And at least find a rework to put a rating system so clients can express their experiences with those strangers through comments and rankings.
I don't know much about third party themes... - Adam on 28 Nov 2015 21:33
indeed.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Re: Designers from Hell!

Sorry to hear it's not worked out with this designer. We don't get involved with third party themes but clearly we should do more make sure no-one is being messed about. I'll have a look at a feedback system on the themes section of the site and what else we can do.

gabrieldiazbernal4711

YetiShare User
Feb 3, 2015

My English is very bad. I use google translate.

I also had problems with the designer. From what I see I am not the only one.

mfscripts makes very good job. I think piandesign.com have to be out of the session of themes .

Go to >

http://prntscr.com/9acurm

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

... I'll have a look at a feedback system on the themes section of the site and what else we can do. - Adam
That's a great step. And from my part I would like to throw some few advices for anyone out there looking for custom theme design from around here:

- Make sure the designer has a known website supported with a shopping cart (a few have it though).
- Make sure you only pay through PayPal or any legitimate payment processor provided by the designer.
- Ask questions before you begin and know your designer conditions before you abide to his contract. Always negotiate.
- Never agree on any per hour contract. Only per item design.
- Make sure the designer provide technical support after completion, paid or free according to your contract.
- Ask for quotation : price per page (per plugin), any free extra provided by him/her, etc. Don't deal on random terms.
- Ask for the expected delivery time based upon your custom theme blueprint.
- Make sure the designer provide an unlimited number of revisions (can be set to a definite number)
- Make sure the designer will provide a working mock-up built on any of the default themes provided by YS.
- Make sure The designer will host your theme progress so you can see it live and working. Never pay for hosting.
- You better segment your custom theme progress into phases.
- Agree on reasonable premium paid beforehand to the designer. Only a fraction of the total customization fee.
- Rate the designer response time and inform him/her immediately of any delay.
- upon reaching an 80% of your custom theme design progress never pay. Don't accept blackmailing.
- Upon completion of your custom theme ask the designer for any technical information regarding your hosting requirements.
- Report back your experience to the community. Sharing is caring.

... From what I see I am not the only one. - Gabriel Diaz
Of course, you're not the only one. The problem is once they're done with you, you never read from them, not even on their sites. They might even delete your account preventing you from any further access.
As for the one at hand, I'll be glad to see something written from his part. We're not looking for problems, we're looking for solutions. That if they're brave enough to show a face, anyway.

-

scenemoney

YetiShare User
Jun 29, 2015

adam said:
Sorry to hear it's not worked out with this designer. We don't get involved with third party themes but clearly we should do more make sure no-one is being messed about. I'll have a look at a feedback system on the themes section of the site and what else we can do.
Why do not you start developing your own templates for official YS?
Why should we tolerate deception? :|

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

@scenemoney
They don't own the resources or have the capacity to deal with theme designing in addition to coding at the current time.
However, YS already provided two default themes from which you can build on for further customization by hiring external designer familiar with their script, or you can do it yourself if you're well versed with designing and coding. In my opinion it's a job best left for designers.
They're expanding with time and maybe in the near future they could include template customization on their agenda. Also, I've read somewhere here that they're looking to provide an in-built option to customize any theme from within the admin panel. That would make it easier for non-technical clients looking for different unique websites.

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

@scenemoney
Many people have different needs for their script. Some may not care much about the looks of their site. And some are programmers and could take care of that designing headache themselves. And others may need a real bespoke design. Now leaving you alone through the risk of finding a trustworthy outsource could be a nightmare. But in all cases you can go out to some known places like those freelance websites to have your job done and most importantly to get future support regarding the next script version .
My point is YS opened a little portal for some people to advertise their themes in here, but never reviewed those people. They're just telling you that they did their role and hey you can go and enjoy your ride with those strangers!

My case dates to early time, so maybe now they're starting to listen by expanding their team to satisfy their clients need.

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

@Bella

Hi,

I agree to what you've said earlier about having deceptive people from both sides. But I think it's the designer fault to allow such deception to happen in the first place. How could you let out a theme to be delivered to your client without protecting yourself from the beginning? Now usually that's due to good intent or lack of experience . I usually pay in parts. That means I divide my theme design progress page by page within a definite time frame agreed upon by both of us me and the designer. And I ask the designer to submit me the file incomplete after I've made my small first payment to him. So if he decided to run away the loss will be at minimum. Then we progress together when am satisfied by his work. And we go the the next step. So me and him are on nearly equal terms. He got his money to the last progress point, and me having my theme files on my computer. if I'll run away at any stage then he's safe with little effort went in vain.

However, it's not a 50:50 risk factor as you hinted through your post that clients could turn deceptive at any time. The client is always standing on the weakest side.
So consider that loophole you created yourself is due to the lack of control from your side: packing out a fully working theme right away and waiting your shady client to Pay-pal you back. Welcome to the virtual world.

As for those who are offering to pay little in return for more, that's a relative thing. Of course I can only speak for myself. I paid good to that designer. Actually more then he ever expected. I appreciate perfection and dedication. His works looked good in my eyes. But at the end what's the point if you're dealing with unethical people no matter how clever they are. He messed with the code and rendered it non working on purpose because he couldn't take critique!

Obviously I weren't that keen to save myself in the first place..I'm learning the hard way now.
Well, you can open a new thread with " Clients from Hell" as a backfire title, sharing your experience with crooked clients.

Pardon my lengthy poor constructed sentences. It's not my first tongue. Wish you lots of sales coming your way (-:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

The owners of the script comes very foolish not developing official templates and thereby exposing license holders in afertah templates not proven developers! :|
I'd love to create 10's of themes for you all to use but we just don't have the time. Consider that we worked on the 'flow' theme for over 4 months! The 2 themes we supply should act as a good starting point for other developers.

I think the designer reviews will be a good start for us on the site, but we also need to build more tools to make the bundled theme more flexible, as pointed out above. i.e. skins, homepage options etc.

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

adam said:
The owners of the script comes very foolish not developing official templates and thereby exposing license holders in afertah templates not proven developers! :|
I'd love to create 10's of themes for you all to use but we just don't have the time. Consider that we worked on the 'flow' theme for over 4 months! The 2 themes we supply should act as a good starting point for other developers.
I think the designer reviews will be a good start for us on the site, but we also need to build more tools to make the bundled theme more flexible, as pointed out above. i.e. skins, homepage options etc.
I think the flow theme is truly a nice one. Easy to work with and customize, besides it look beautiful in all type of screens. I've my last theme extended on that one.
As I said before that theme designing is a job best left for a separate team of designers, and preferably from those advertising and selling their themes innovations on the YS website because they're more familiar with the script and more concentrated around here. On the other side they can provide, technically speaking, a good review for better flexible template to work on.

As for clients I think allowing enough space for feedback can help both sides : the designers themselves will feel the urge to compete creating standard and custom themes, keeping up a good reputation and therefore more sales; and for the clients to review what suit them best depending on the feedback form the rest of the community. It's a simple step but with a huge impact. Everybody will be at rest hopefully.

Many thanks go for the Admin for his constant support and effort. Appreciated ( :

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009

archibald said:
Many thanks go for the Admin for his constant support and effort. Appreciated ( :
Thanks for your comments :)

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

adam said:
archibald said:
Thanks for your comments :)
You're always patient with our client-oriented nagging. Thanks for your support and feedback ;)

S

svulaj

archibald said:
@Bella

Hi,

I agree to what you've said earlier about having deceptive people from both sides. But I think it's the designer fault to allow such deception to happen in the first place. How could you let out a theme to be delivered to your client without protecting yourself from the beginning? Now usually that's due to good intent or lack of experience ...

Yeah , I use that 50:50 , half of amount before I start and other half when I finish disegn , I think that is the best solutions for both parts.

Isn't about creating new thread "Clients from Hell" because how u say It's our fault to be cheated from clients , we cant send complete themes before we get some amount of money or all, but all losses are lessons for us , :).

I hope I will get back again in YS Themes Disegn :)
Anyway , thanks for your kind words ;-).

archibald

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
May 22, 2015

bella said:
archibald said:
@Bella

Hi,

I agree to what you've said earlier about having deceptive people from both sides. But I think it's the designer fault to allow such deception to happen in the first place. How could you let out a theme to be delivered to your client without protecting yourself from the beginning? Now usually that's due to good intent or lack of experience ...
Yeah , I use that 50:50 , half of amount before I start and other half when I finish disegn , I think that is the best solutions for both parts.

Isn't about creating new thread "Clients from Hell" because how u say It's our fault to be cheated from clients , we cant send complete themes before we get some amount of money or all, but all losses are lessons for us , :).

I hope I will get back again in YS Themes Disegn :)
Anyway , thanks for your kind words ;-).
That's great to read and know. For me I decided to stop dealing with YS themes designers unless something real and supportive is done around here, and as a result I stopped dealing with any further innovative scripts from here as well. Time is money and I've many plans to care for. So until they fix their themes section and have a full suite of services in favor of their customers, I won't dare go down that dark road again at least with any of you designing folks.

Maybe I should learn some js, css, html and php besides others to tackle my own themes problems, and find new ways to rob people money through my new YS theme designing website. I think those designers from hell were also fooled clients in the past before they turn into grudging individuals taking their revenge back on the rest of the community :D That's a silly idea of course.

By the way there exists a website dedicated for designers complaining about clients by the same title I suggested earlier: Clients from Hell. Enjoy the horrible stories up there!
I appreciate your contribution to this post (-:

At final, I initiated this post in hope to communicate with that designer "from hell" to come around and have it all settled down. But unfortunately he seems unreachable even by the site Admin in here. Less of respect I would say that lajusangat continues to show to everyone. So I leave my case open in the wild to mark the ever lingering stigma on that designer from hell. To the hall of shame and deceit.