Cookie functionality

will1901

YetiShare User
Nov 1, 2012
About a week ago I upgraded the script on my site and recently I've had a few people complain about having to login all the time. So I did some investigating and found this:
Code:
class.auth.php [line 290]
//$s = json_encode(array('un' => $un, 'pw' => $pw));
//return setcookie('spf', $s, time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, '/', $Config->authDomain);
I checked and it didn't use to be commented out. Also, all of the functions that read this cookie are still enabled.

Is there a reason this was commented out?

will1901

YetiShare User
Nov 1, 2012
Actually, I lied
Code:
class.auth.php [line 36]
if ($this->attemptCookieLogin())
            return;
Is commented out as well. Restoring both of those restores cookie login functionality.

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
Hey thanks for this I have had the Same problem and its been a PITA tried several different sesion settings and never could get them to work but this worked..

Thanks

sharelink

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jun 6, 2013
my website code said both codes and cookies dont work fine yet (users off after 30 min login):

Code:
class.auth.php [line 290]
//return setcookie('spf', $s, time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, '/', $Config->authDomain);
Code:
class.auth.php [line 36]
            return;
regards

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I removed the "//" from the front of those lines mentioned above in class.auth.php and can log in for more than 30 minutes, even after closing and re-opening the browser (including overnight) I am still logged in.

Open class.auth.php and find
Code:
Change to:
Code:
$s = json_encode(array('un' => $un, 'pw' => $pw));
return setcookie('spf', $s, time() + 60 * 60 * 24 * 30, '/', $Config->authDomain);
Find:
Code:
//if ($this->attemptCookieLogin())
        //return;
Change to:
Code:
            return;

sharelink

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jun 6, 2013
thank you YSM, yes, you have right, i change code (i put without //) and now its OK, no un-login the users every 30 minutes

regards