Change the Media Player

jordan

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Feb 3, 2013
In the media plugin, is there a way to change the player from jplayer to another one. Perhaps such as flow player? Flow player has both html5 and flash.

Anyone know if this can be done? If so how?

ikovacs1465

Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

i have change today again jwplayer with ligthttpd and mod_secdownload and mod_mp4 streaming.

regards

jordan

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Feb 3, 2013
I am bringing this back up again because jplayer is a horrid player. I need to change it to something extremly better. Something like flowplayer which has both html5 and flash player

info2861

YetiShare User
Aug 8, 2013
I am a little bit disappointed about the plugin.
Most of the videos on my site are avi or mkv format...

Tried with divx (as it is in plugin) but the divx-web-player does not play the file ... is there going to be an update soon or someone that is willed to share his mods with other players ?

thanks.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
WMV video will trigger Windows Media Player.
DIVX video will trigger DIVX Web Player.
AVI will run with whatever media player the user has installed.

Unfortunately html5 doesn't support any of these so they won't be played directly in the browser, this isn't something we can work around in the plugin & will be the same for other video players.

The options are to either use our media converter plugin and have everything converted to mp4 after upload (this is what larger video sites will do). Or change your script config to only allow mp4 to be uploaded.

ikovacs1465

Apr 30, 2012
Adam has right,

maybe the problem is that the commercial version from JW Player will coast 24Dollar per month.
And, its not possible to stream files only streams RTP or MP4 Files.

That you can make a speudostream with some AVI Files.. that can be but its not the right way to do this.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
ikovacs1465 said:
maybe the problem is that the commercial version from JW Player will coast 24Dollar per month.
That's right, JWPlayer has a license fee whereas jPlayer does not. :)

ikovacs1465

Apr 30, 2012
Hi,

i have checked the Media Support for some Players:

Flowplayer: only support ogg, mp4, webm and M3U8 see http://flowplayer.org/docs/#video-formats
JWPlayer: supports a lot of more but this allways depence on the Browser see http://www.longtailvideo.com/jw-player/tech-specs/

regards

Istvan

info2861

YetiShare User
Aug 8, 2013
well i have just found out that divx_web_player just cant play the files because they dont have the ending .avi or what ever... if the file is stored with original name on your server it can play it.
(at least it is so for me)

offtopic:
btw, can someone just tell microsoft to delete IE6 for god sake :D

jordan

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Feb 3, 2013
Hi,

i have Implemeted longtailvideo player with mp4 streaming, let me know.

regards

Istvan
Is there any live preview of this?

That's right, JWPlayer has a license fee whereas jPlayer does not. :)
Ya but there are other players that do not have fees.

bradzazulak2957

YetiShare User
Sep 2, 2013
If the video player can be changed to JWPlayer I would pay for it!!!!!!! I need it bad, it also needs the ability to pseudo stream. In its current state the player is barely useful.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
bradzazulak2957 said:
If the video player can be changed to JWPlayer I would pay for it!!!!!!! I need it bad, it also needs the ability to pseudo stream. In its current state the player is barely useful.
The current player works fine. JWPlayer uses the same technology to play files so it won't stream videos any different. You'll probably find the issue is with the type of media encoding rather than the player. For example, not all mp4s will stream.