Cannot switch from private to public - folder privacy

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
Hello,
I have a sure and a folder in the user profile (registered, not temp account) with privacy status - Private. The problem is that it cannot be changed to Public. The drop-down menu is locked.
If you try to modify the file or folder as public as admin user, the options are there but when I hit save the button, the changes are not saved.
Perhaps it's a setting somewhere in the Site settings preventing this.
Additionally if the user is trying to create new folder, the privacy is still Private and cannot be changed.
Anyone with a tip how to allow changing the privacy status?

Cheers,
-Tiho

tihomir6271

YetiShare User
Issue solved.
What was the root cause.
If I impersonate a person from the admin account, the issue with that account was existing but disabled account with the same e-mail address. So when I try to update the privacy it's not showing me the error that there is an account already (no matter that it's not active) in the platform.
I have deleted the disabled account from the database, asked the user to login and try again to change the privacy to public and voilà - now the user was able to update the privacy preference and share the file/folder.

Note: this behavior is a bit odd. It should be able to specify only for a specific folder/file the privacy no matter the "default" privacy. My assumption is that the default value is only for newly created folders/uploaded files.

Case closed.

Cheers,
-Tiho