API for yetishare

pilot830

YetiShare User
Jan 22, 2014
There should be some sort of API that Yetishare has.. where users can somehow automatically upload files or be able to do something like (general example)

1. contact yetishare based site
2. send the api credentials (access key generated in users account under api section)
3. Provide the API with a http / remote URL link to a file and tell the API to download this file onto the users account
4. Have the api send back the URL for the file once its been put on the users account

This would be handy for me. If anyone has any ideas on how I can make something like this in the mean time, let me know

I guess i could maybe for now make a bash shell script that would:
1. Throw the file on a specified file server to files/[folder hash]/[file hash]
2. Then update the mysql database and insert into file table the id, filename, folder hash / file hash, etc..the shorturl, etc.. of course my shell script would have to check to make sure its not inserting an id, shorturl, filehash etc that isnt already in the file table

the thing is, in the mean time, i would appreciate it so much if anyone here was knowledgeaele enough to point me in the code where it generates the following

- the shortUrl
- the localFilePath
- the deleteHash
- the fileHash

Like if I can find out where in the php code it generates this, then I can mimick this same beahvior in my bash shell script OR i can have my friend who knows some php help me with that..

But I still recommend for yetishare to create a API, it would be handy , it may not be great for file uploads that you have to upload from your browser, but would be excellent for remote URL downloads / sending links to the yetishare based site to wget/download..

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
+1 for API feature. I would like this too to extend my website functionality with android and iphone apps and more....

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Can you guys get us the API feature for the script ? i am not an expert but i think we already have an API but we just don't know how to use it so any help here would be great..

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015
Yetishare already has an url upload feature. You could build your own api and call the right functions using only php.

Take a look at the file /core/page/ajax/url_upload_handler.ajax.php

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
i am not an expert here but thanks, i will maybe try to find a freelancer to build me API for it then. I was hoping yetishare / mfscripts could help us out in this rather than us paying someone else to do it for us.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
We do have an API on the list of todos, but it's not something planned for the next few releases. There's the basics of an api there, but it's really for internal use (file moves between servers). It could be expanded by another developer into a full api though.