Adding a server..

info2862

YetiShare User
Aug 9, 2013
Hi,

I'm trying to add a server (direct type) and am running into a problem. When I run the test it says:

Testing file server... (direct file server)
- Testing mod rewrite and .htaccess file... Could not validate that the .htaccess file had been created on the file server or that mod rewrite was enabled, please check and try again.

My host has confirmed that mod_rewrite is enabled and I see it listed under 'load modules' in phpinfo. I also created the .htaccess file with the content as asked and put it in the root folder.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The test trys to reach _config.inc.html on your file server. The file doesn't exist but if mod_rewrite is working and you've added the .htaccess file it should direct to _config.inc.php.

Can you check _config.inc.php exists on your file server.
If that's ok, can you try loading a html file directly in your browser, like this:

http://yourfileserver.com/register.html

If the register.php version works but not the .html then there's an issue with mod_rewrite or the .htaccess file somehow.

info2862

YetiShare User
Aug 9, 2013
Can you cearly lay out what each config file needs to look like for 1) the main site, 2) the file server?

/* main configuration file for script */
define("_CONFIG_SITE_HOST_URL", "file server IP");
define("_CONFIG_SITE_FULL_URL", "file server IP");

/* database connection details */
define("_CONFIG_DB_HOST", "main site domain");
define("_CONFIG_CORE_SITE_HOST_URL", " main site domain");
define("_CONFIG_CORE_SITE_FULL_URL", " main site domain");

/* the url of the domain to download files from, only change if you plan on using a different domain to link to your files */
define("_CONFIG_SITE_FILE_DOMAIN", " main site domain");

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The instructions are in your admin area when you go to add the 'direct' file server. This is what the demo site says:

Once uploaded, amend the _config.inc.php file with your local settings. You'll need to update _CONFIG_SITE_HOST_URL & _CONFIG_SITE_FULL_URL.

_CONFIG_CORE_SITE_HOST_URL should remain as 'fhscript.com' and _CONFIG_CORE_SITE_FULL_URL should be 'fhscript.com'.

info2862

YetiShare User
Aug 9, 2013
"Once uploaded, amend the _config.inc.php file with your local settings. You'll need to update _CONFIG_SITE_HOST_URL & _CONFIG_SITE_FULL_URL."

The instructions are confusing. On where? File server or main site?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Where you just uploaded it to. So the file server.