[ADDED][v4.3] anti adblock plugin

mustafa420c5525

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Wurlie User
Nov 6, 2015
as many of us know adblockers cause our websites to loose on revenue so im thinking it would be worth it to offer a plugin that would pop up a message telling the user to deactivate their ad blocker. im sure plenty of people will like this idea

simon

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jan 11, 2014
Re: anti adblock plugin

Hi,

It is not something that we can develop i'm afraid. If you can create an anti adblock plugin then contact youtube and they will pay you millions of dollars for this :)

S

svulaj

Hi,
Well it is possible , I have done that before in my sites .
So if user are using AdBlocker they will see notifications saying "If you want to download that file please disable AdBlock for this page" or any other messages .
If u are intersted yet please PM
Regards

rfhmendes

YetiShare User
Jul 14, 2015

FYI simon: I can confirm what bella said. I have seen this in other websites. :)

mustafa420c5525

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Wurlie User
Nov 6, 2015

i have seen it too i can give links to some tutorials, i just dont have the time to do a work around to implement it

enricodias4654

YetiShare User
Jan 13, 2015

You can show your ads and after a few seconds run javascript code to check if they are still in the html and visible. If they aren't, the user is using an adblock.

simon

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Reservo User
Jan 11, 2014

Hi,

Sorry I confused this with others asking for a plugin to block AdBlock. We have developed a new feature in 4.3 that allows you to block people from the entire site or just from download if they have AdBlock enabled. It is impossible to block AdBlock itself i'm afraid.