add torrent mod

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Torrents within php is extremely difficult and requires a certain php configuration, and it also requres certain server requirements too.
I have looked into this in the past and it is not a viable option as too much has to be done to the php build and server to make it work.

info4bd3740

Mar 15, 2014
http://sourceforge.net/projects/torrentflux/
I try this one and it seem working :D and its PHP script
You can intricate it with the file hosting script

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
There is major security implications with torrentflux, I have used it and analysed the code and it is no way secure, plus it requires certain functions in PHP to be enabled, which should be disabled for security reasons.

PHP was never designed to work with torrents, or any web based torrent client, so I do not think that this will be implemented, but Adam will have to confirm what I have said.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
I agree with yetisharemods. There's no good way to get it within PHP. We've spent a lot of time (about 5 days in total!) looking into a solution which will work for everyone and there doesn't seem to be one which is robust and secure enough to use.

The only real way to do it would be setting up a linux command line client with an interface of some sort that PHP could use to create, manage, track etc torrents. We've found plenty of these but getting them running with all the dependencies was a nightmare and not something we'd want to support to be honest.

I'd still like to get a plugin of some sort up and running (as I don't like to be beaten :)) but I've not yet found anything which is straight forward enough to setup and configure. Plus it has to work over most server environments.