Add a cookie system

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
Hey I guess I didn't ask my question in the right place or something. I was wondering if adding a cookie system can be implemented into the file hosting script to keep users from having to re log in each time they close there browser. In version 3.2 I never had to log in every time and since the upgrade I have received numerous complaints of having to re log in. Is there any way this can be done? I have looked at the script and dont see it anywhere in version 3.3.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
It's difficult with the new session controls since they need to be cross domain (for cross domain uploads) and cookies can only be created on the domain you're on. Saying that, there'll be a way to do it. I'll take a look at adding it back for the next release.

If it's a minor tweak I'll post it here to save you waiting. :)

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply yeah its just everyone Hates beeing logged out all the time especially since they do a lot of uploading and it shows logged in when they are not so have to delete file and then log back in and reupload.

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
Use session_set_cookie_params() ;)

session_set_cookie_params ( $lifetime , '/', '.yourdomain.com');
Note, that the domain starts with a dot. This means, the session cookie is valid for every subdomain!

http://php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-cookie-params.php

admin2102

YetiShare User
Jan 15, 2013
Ok I tried this and it still does not work I even unchecked clearing browser temp files and everything from FF and IE I used the sessions already in the php.ini I even set the time out to 14 days in (in seconds) but after 2 hours or so I have to log back in. any other suggestions besides wait for next release?...lol