Ability to choose own password

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
Hey,

I and I guess many others would like to know how to make it so that we are able to choose our own password while registering.
Is this too complicated?
Also we have around 200 members and I'd like to have their current passwords untouched.

Regards

PS: Can I have my username changes to TheProGeek or Geek?

bdepadey4815

YetiShare User
Feb 28, 2015
I'd like to know this as well rather than a random password being sent by email, how can they choose their own password?

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I didn't say you couldn't modify the code, I said it wasn't possible without modifying the code.

But please be aware that if you do modify the code, you cannot distribute any of the Yetishare files, you can give instructions on how to make the changes to the files though.

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
ysmods said:
I didn't say you couldn't modify the code, I said it wasn't possible without modifying the code.

But please be aware that if you do modify the code, you cannot distribute any of the Yetishare files, you can give instructions on how to make the changes to the files though.
Could you help me to do that? Since you're better at this than me lol.

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
A quick question because I didn't wanted to make a new thread.
How do I removed be the dotted layer on the main slider? I checked every css files and didn't find it

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
theprogeekftw4717 said:
Is that a hint for me to code it?

If I code it myself, it'll be a paid mod as its quite a lot of work to do, but if you just want the odd pointer on how to do it then I can do the for free :)

theprogeekftw4717 said:
How do I removed be the dotted layer on the main slider? I checked every css files and didn't find it
Which bit? screenshot if possible :)

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
ysmods said:
theprogeekftw4717 said:
Is that a hint for me to code it?

If I code it myself, it'll be a paid mod as its quite a lot of work to do, but if you just want the odd pointer on how to do it then I can do the for free :)

theprogeekftw4717 said:
Which bit? screenshot if possible :)
Yeah, that's fine.

I meant the dotted pattern which covers the background image. Not sure how I can screenshot it ;)

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
The overlay which makes it look like you're looking though some old net curtains?

Not sure, I'll have to look into it.

Have you looked at the /themes/flow/templates/partial/_header.inc.php to see if its in there? As that's where most of the layers are for that section of the homepage.

I can't look now as it's 4.30am and I'm about to go to sleep, if you haven't found it when I wake up I'll take a look then.

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
ysmods said:
The overlay which makes it look like you're looking though some old net curtains?

Not sure, I'll have to look into it.

Have you looked at the /themes/flow/templates/partial/_header.inc.php to see if its in there? As that's where most of the layers are for that section of the homepage.

I can't look now as it's 4.30am and I'm about to go to sleep, if you haven't found it when I wake up I'll take a look then.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm about. We have only 2 layers in the header section as we removed some. So not there ;/ I had a look at the stylesheets, skin and almost all of the css files but can't find it whatsoever.
I appreciate your help anyways!

Regards

theprogeekftw4717

Feb 3, 2015
ysmods said:
Like I said in /themes/flow/templates/partial/_header.inc.php ;) ;)

Find and remove
Code:
data-dottedoverlay="twoxtwo"
Yeah, I removed it the day I bought YS like few months back but it doesn't make a change whatsoever.
I'll upload a screenshot when I'm home. If I remember, I've cleared all possible caches, etc to make sure but it ain't wanna go.