4.3 - Rewards Plugin

paypal1352

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Mar 2, 2012
For some reason the new rewards plugin wasn't working for me, until i uninstalled it from the admin panel and reinstalled it, it works now but it cleared all the rewards tables from the db, and unfortunately I don't have a fresh db backup, I didn't think anything would be cleared.

Is there anyway to repopulate the info from the file table based on downloads, at least for ppd, can't see anyway to possibly restore pps.

I think a good rfc for plugins would be uninstall fully or uninstall and retain db options.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Did you just do it on your live site and did not test it first ??

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Sh*t happens!!
I can try helping you out here but I don't have the rewards plugin. You could try pulling data from 'stats' table.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Sorry to hear you lost the data paypal1352. Unfortunately there's no way to easily recover it from the other data in the database. You could try using the stats data but it would be complicated to manually work through.

In v4.3 we have a backup tool for the database so I'll look add adding something to backup the relevant database tables if a plugin is being uninstalled. This should be in addition to your own backups though. (although you don't need me to tell you that now ;))