3.4 release

green3ye

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Dec 1, 2012
Hey I was going to start doing some custom modifications to the script, but before I start: I was wondering whats your expecting time delivery on the 3.4 release?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
luckylutz said:
Yes that would be nice if you would get to see the changelog.

and a status on the state of development.
Agreed. :) After the next release I've plans to work on a way to provide more development feedback to everyone. Along with which RFCs are being developed and a general roadmap.

There's quite a few changes in the next release so it's taking a bit longer than I'd hoped. Hopefully it'll be ready for testing by the end of next week and available for download soon after.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/YetiShare/status/403532018270490624

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
ugur2949 said:
similar?

anonym / registered / premium option blah blah..
Yes non users, registered and paid are all separate now so you can specify the config for each.

jay1421

Oct 1, 2012
I would like to see the ability to delete user completely from the database along with that users files instead of having to manually go thru 100s of files. There needs to be an option that we can delete multiple files from server via checkbox selection along with check all for users and files. http://forum.mfscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=930

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
jay1421 said:
I would like to see the ability to delete user completely from the database along with that users files instead of having to manually go thru 100s of files. There needs to be an option that we can delete multiple files from server via checkbox selection along with check all for users and files. http://forum.mfscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=930
Batch delete is high on the list of todos. It's complex as the files on external file servers need to be removed aswell. At the moment if you delete a file, the script can go directly to the external file server, user confirms the delete and the local code handles it. If you have 100 files selected via the admin area, the code needs to somehow call all the file servers and batch delete on each.

Then you have to think about what happens if a number fail. Maybe the way to do it would be to just loop over each file and call the existing admin delete function, although it would take time to complete. Something similar could be done for users.

We'll probably end up with some kind of file API between servers which will enable batch moving, bulk deletes etc. It's a lot more work but the right way to build it (the only way we do things ;)).

ysmods

Jan 29, 2013
UK
www.ysmods.com
I have a free modification on my site that does that, I have just updated it to work on v3.4,
I don't have external file servers so I am unsure if it will work on those though