Remove "Download All Files (zip)" Function

soliddrive.co

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 9, 2018
soliddrive.co
Hello,

Files are stored in direct remote servers but when all files in a folder are downloaded as zip, download is serving from main server that cause main server high load. It should be served away from main server. If not, it has to be disabled because the main server will have a problem when many users are downloading as zip together. The main server cannot be handled for many concurrent zip downloads.

Please advise how to disable and remove that function.

Thank you

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

Copy of my response to your ticket for info:
I'm not seeing any high load when I generate zip files in my dev or demo site. Can you show me a "top" or other with the load details? Also are you using advanced downloads on all servers? (xSendFile or xAccelRedirect)

There's no setting to just disable it in the script, you'd need to edit the code. If you use an IDE like Netbeans and import the code, you can search globally for text to locate items. I'd search for "downloadAllFilesFromFolder" to start with, that's the JS function which is triggered to create the zip.
Thanks,
Adam.

soliddrive.co

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 9, 2018
soliddrive.co
Generating zip files only is not high load. When zip is generated, the users will download it. When download zip, it cause the server load high because main server only does not have enough bandwidth. Main server is only for database and some process but not for downloading. If users are download, main server loading will be getting slow. Also zips are cached in the main server and not only bandwidth it will also use Storage too. Purge cache doesn't help because every time cache is purged, all template style and even logo will be gone. It should have separate purging cache for each folder like for "cache/twig", "cache/zip" etc... So I can choose which cache need to be purged.

Imagine 50GB or 100GB zip are downloading 10 or more users, how much bandwidth and the server resources will be used on single main server? Do I need 1Gbps or 10Gbps for main server or should I use high-end server for main server only? If there are hundreds of users or may be thousands of users are using, is the zip function useful or should be enabled?

I would say No. So I don't want any download using main server resources. I want to disable it. Please advise me which code exactly need to be edited to disabled this function. I use Sublime Text. So where should I search "downloadAllFilesFromFolder" is located?

Thank you

Last edited:

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
If users are download, main server loading will be getting slow.
I see, you're referring to bandwidth usage rather than CPU load.

I want to disable it. Please advise me which code exactly need to be edited to disabled this function. I use Sublime Text. So where should I search "downloadAllFilesFromFolder" is located?
You need to search globally for the function, it'll be used in a number of places. We generally can't offer guidance on code changes, it's not something we include within the support. However, if you search globally for downloadAllFilesFromFolder, you'll find what you need.