ProFTPD

chrisc58

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Nov 24, 2020
I would like to get ProFTPD working.

The question is, how? Does it actually work with multiple storage servers and different locations and IPs or not? Has anyone actually set this up?

Running Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS) x64 for the storage servers

Centos 7 for the main website

It seems that the FTP Upload plugin is creating the FTP user in the database of the main site and producing those details for the user so no problem there. The issue comes with what is the actual FTP hostname meant to be when you have multiple servers? The normal upload and downloading works fine with all storage servers. Just FTP Upload is the issue and the min thing to get working.

What do I actualy need to edit for the proftpd config? Is it just the details in brackets SQLConnectInfo do I leave the brackets do I remove the brackets?

Do I do anything with the ServerName "ProFTPD server" setting or any other setting in that file? What do I update this to?

I have followed the instructions of the setup along with troubleshooting. Can anyone be kind enough to guide or suggest?

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
Its very easy to setup, just read the instructions in the plugin settings area. All details are provided there.

vanzi

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Oct 19, 2019
I would like to get ProFTPD working.

The question is, how? Does it actually work with multiple storage servers and different locations and IPs or not? Has anyone actually set this up?

Running Ubuntu 18.04 (LTS) x64 for the storage servers

Centos 7 for the main website

It seems that the FTP Upload plugin is creating the FTP user in the database of the main site and producing those details for the user so no problem there. The issue comes with what is the actual FTP hostname meant to be when you have multiple servers? The normal upload and downloading works fine with all storage servers. Just FTP Upload is the issue and the min thing to get working.

What do I actualy need to edit for the proftpd config? Is it just the details in brackets SQLConnectInfo do I leave the brackets do I remove the brackets?

Do I do anything with the ServerName "ProFTPD server" setting or any other setting in that file? What do I update this to?

I have followed the instructions of the setup along with troubleshooting. Can anyone be kind enough to guide or suggest?
technically (if I remember correctly) the file is uploaded to the ftp account created on the main server. at the end of the upload as soon as the cron starts it, the files are transferred to the server that is currently active for the upload. or if a user has a specific server to upload to, the file is uploaded to this server.