Won't upload a 28MB rar file

kylelewis141794

YetiShare User
Sep 16, 2012
Hello, I have a problem, I have installed this script correctly but I get an error message in my admin cp "*** ERROR: Max upload size in php.ini file (500 MB) is less than the paid account level (1 GB). Please contact your host to resolve. ***" So I have emailed my host provider to change this. But the error says I can still upload up to 500MB (correct me if I'm wrong) I've also checked the Server_info.php, and it states post_max_size 500M.
But I can't even upload a 28MB rar file, it uploads but after it's finished it's not there, it just takes me back to the Upload a file page (index.php). I have tried upload KB size photo's etc and this works, I also tried uploading a 300MB file about 4 times, and this also didn't work. Another problem which is odd, that my computer says that the file is 35MB but the website says it's 38MB. I don't know if that may be a problem. Which it could be if someone wanted to upload a file in parts so they select 100MB a part(as this is the most a free user can get) then the website says it's size is 110MB lol. Thanks you in advance.

dskins

YetiShare User
Jan 1, 1970
Did you check the php.ini files in bot admina nd the root directory? There are max file configs in both of those areas.

Just a thought. Also, if you are running a dedicated server you might have to putty into your dedicated server and make the changes there also command line wise via putty.

kylelewis141794

YetiShare User
Sep 16, 2012
Ok I just changed the one in admin area as i didn't realize it was there, It's got rid of the error in /admin. But I am now testing and uploading a 28MB file.

My php.ini file in both root and admin are set to 1024M

dskins

YetiShare User
Jan 1, 1970
Ok cool I hope this helped. One of the things I do as a developer is reverse engineer and try to understand the coders formula of every file on how they built it and add my tweaks to it.

Some of the problems with file uploads are mostly server involved and configuration needs to match on all ends server and file wise if I do believe.

Why reinvent the wheel just tweak it. Most of the time if you can't get a response here try Google and stackoverflow.com to get questions answered.

One thing of being a novice to pro developer is admitting you don't know everything so you can constantly upgrade and keep your database (mind) fresh with new content to become the elite.

Constantly dig onto with the right keywording when you search Google you might be surprised that someone somewhere had that same issue fixed.

Example: I just found the resolve for one of my questions here that didn't get answered. Download Speed to show up in user panel. I looked at the admin files when it showed it in the admin panel and used my php understanding to make it show up on the front end.

vyacheslav

YetiShare User
Oct 26, 2012
www.megalobit.net
You need to know exactly how was configured server that stores your files.
I had same problem.
Changing php.ini settings did not help for me.

max_file_uploads 20
post_max_size 50M
upload_max_filesize 50M

But im cant upload files more than 16MB.

I try install other sitescrip on host. But he not work too.

Im search problem, and find them. Not in the Google. (heh)

Problem was in the NGINX settings, in the directive:
client_max_body_size
In my case the constant value equal to 16 MB

NGINX - was in the Cache Server Role. And if uploading file was more then 16mb, сache is not passed to the server Apache, and just force cleared, with no error messages.
If you are not an VPS/VDS owner, you need resolve the issue with tech support.