Session required to enable remote forced downloads?

jacoblhansen2575

YetiShare User
May 26, 2013
As far as I can tell, the script requires an active session in order to enable remote forced download. Is this correct?

My Test 1:

1) On premium account test1 I have uploaded 10 files and placed the links on a completely separate website (www.somewebsite.com).
2) I log out of test1 and into test2 which also has premium access.
3) I goto www.somewebsite.com and click on one of the 10 links. The download box automatically pops up prompting me to either save the file or open it.
4) This is how it's suppose to be.

My Test 2:

1) On premium account test1 I have uploaded 10 files and placed the links on a completely separate website (www.somewebsite.com).
2) I log out of test1 and into test2 which also has premium access. I then close the browser completely which kills the session.
3) I open the browser again and goto www.somewebsite.com and click on one of the 10 links. The file now begins to load directly in the browser e.g. writing a jumble of file code (for a movie file in this case).
4) This is clearly not how it's suppose to go.

How this will cause problems:

A premium users with an active cookie will experience the same type of jumbled code I describe above, and will have to force shutdown their browser. The whole point of enabling remote files with direct download is that the user is not required to log onto the file host in question just to download files. As a premium user at netload.in I can always just click on file link without having to log into their site (as long as I have an active cookie of course).

How to fix this?

jacoblhansen2575

YetiShare User
May 26, 2013
I found a solution that works in my case, but this problem might originally have be caused by all my editing in the script. The download file (file_download.php) uses a file called delayedRedirect.php, and I simply removed the header and footer section from this file. It now works as intended.