Rewards Script Not Working

evilwhynot

YetiShare User
Feb 14, 2013
Hello, it seems that I can not get the rewards script working properly. I have installed everything else correctly or it seems it should be working as is except the rewards script. I have gone to the admin area and uploaded the rewards script I downloaded from here and I did click on the install button and it tells me that it installed correctly. When I go to the rewards page from the admin panel it displays a white page. If I go to the home page of the script and go to the rewards tab at the top it also displays a white screen, any page that I go to in the rewards section it just displays a white screen. I have made sure that the chmod is correct in /files and /plugins set to 777. The /rewards is currently set to 777 then I see a post where some people tried 755 and it worked but that is not the case for me.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Copy of email I just sent: :)

I've logged into your site and enabled the plugin fine. I can access the settings and all the other pages. Are you still seeing issues? I'm wondering if it's browser specific, I've tested it on your site in IE, FF and Chrome.

evilwhynot

YetiShare User
Feb 14, 2013
I have solved this problem, it took me a little bit to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it but everything is good now. This is what I did to fix the problem.

/plugins folder has to be chmod 755
/plugins/rewards folder has to be chmod 755

If you had 777 for your /plugins folder you have to change it back to 755.
Delete your /rewards folder

Open your database and locate the following tables and delete/drop them:
plugin_reward
plugin_reward_affiliate_id
plugin_reward_aggregated
plugin_reward_withdraw_request

Next you want to go in "plugin" table and delete the value that says "Rewards Program" for the plugin_name
After that you want to go back to your admin area and at the top right on the "Plugins" tab click "Add a plugin", reupload it and install it again. Then you should be set. Thats what I had to do to fix mine.

evilwhynot

YetiShare User
Feb 14, 2013
Note: I have noticed a bug when uploading certain files with " ' " in them like for example.

" Jimmy's work.rar "

That little ' will not allow that file to upload properly.