Registration Issue

contact1668

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Jul 23, 2012
Hello guys,
I have an issue with new user registration!
Normally, the user reveices and email with his/her username and password, but the scripts does not seem to send and email!

I tried using smtp but I don't know smtp settings of my host, but, it supports mail() function! I tried the mail() functiona dn it works just fine, but with the script, it does not seel to work!

Have anyone seen this issue and fixed it ?

Thanks in advance

localhost

YetiShare User
Jul 7, 2012
www.droidbin.com
If you have access to the log files, have a look at it. It might tell you what could be wrong.

The SMTP settings are the one that you also use for your normal email client. So if you do have email with your hoster use that info.

Also. Some "free" email accounts (like Gmail/Hotmail) are verry picky with receiving mail from "other" mailservers.
Make sure that your mailserver is also using a SPF record.

julia

YetiShare User
Jul 14, 2012
I tried smtp with different ports. I tried php. I use an SPF record. No mail is coming. In addition now when I try to register new user acount and send e-mail is 500 Internal Error.

contact1668

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Jul 23, 2012
So i see there is no answer on this topic!

Please, it's really important, people register but they CANNOT activate their accounts!

That's a big issue!

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
@contact1668 - You need to use smtp, please find out your smtp settings from your host and add it to the script.

Once you've added it via the admin area mails will send fine.

If you have any issues you consider urgent in the future, please send it via the contact form on this site. We don't always monitor these forums and hence advise against using them for urgent support issues.

Regards,
Adam.

contact1668

YetiShare User
Wurlie User
Jul 23, 2012
Dear Admin,

I must apologize for bothering you but I have to write the following :

Thank you very much for your scripts and for your help, I did all my best to find the SMTP settings and I FOUND THEM.
The script works now fine! Thank you again

Very Kind Regards.