How can I edit the Pages FAQ, Terms And Conditions and the Homepage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daru

Reservo User
May 21, 2018
Hi,
I would like to edit the contents of the pages FAQ, Terms And Conditions. But, I can't find any Option in the Admin-Menü. Can you tell me, how I can edit these Pages?
And how can I add a custom page eg.. for a "Data Privacy-Page"?
Thank you in advance.

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
Do you have any html knowledge at all?

If not send me the html or php pages and i will edit them for you. Just tell me what you want changed.

daru

Reservo User
May 21, 2018
Yes, I have HTML knowledge and also basic PHP skills.

If you ask like this ...
Does that mean I have to manually edit the files from the ../themes/reservo/templates/ directory?

As an an example:
To add another point (Question 8 (in which faq.html needs to add the following code) - and for the translation to work, translators must create new fields (e.g. faq_q8_question)?

HTML:
<li> <i class = "icon-caret-right"> </ i> <strong> <a href="#" data-scrollto="#faq-8"> <? php echo t ('faq_q8_question', 'Q: Example?'); ?> Code </ strong> </ li>
                             </ Ul>

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Thanks @daru for linking your license :)

All text content can be edited via the script admin area, site config, translations section. So if you see this in the code:
PHP:
<?php echo t('faq_q6_question', 'Q: Can I upload music or videos?'); ?>
This is just the translation key and default text for the translation. After the first page load it's stored and loaded from the database.

If you need to add new lines, you need to add it to the html template files in /themes/reservo/templates/.

So yes use the html you posted above to create a new FAQ item. If you need to edit the text, do it via the admin area.

Thanks,
Adam.

Reactions: daru
Status
Not open for further replies.